Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Dates, BBQ's and BABIES!

The Young Women in our Ward were having their Fundraiser this Saturday and although I couldn't make it, I signed up to make a dessert for their dessert Auction.  It's one of my favorite treats (when I'm watching my calories), White Chocolate Popcorn. We tried to color the popcorn in the Young Women Value Colors.  The red turned out more pink (despite how much coloring we put in) and then white just didn't stay very white (the popcorn was micro with butter already in it) but I know it's yummy and still turned out pretty cute!  I found the veggie trays at Wally's on clearance and even though I didn't necessarily need the different sections, I figured it left someone with a fun little tray to keep!



The first Saturday of the Month is usually when we schedule dates with the kids. This Particular Saturday was VERY busy and we weren't sure if it was going to fit in, but we forgot about it last month and the kids were counting on it, so we squeezed them in! Duck took Jayden to his work to ride the forklift (Jayden's request), Maliyah went shopping with Dad (also her request) and Jayden and I went on a hike and water gun fight! I did have to kinda trick him into this one, but when I knew I wouldn't make it to the GYM, this was one way to get in a little exercise AND my date!  It was really fun, he was a great hiker, and totally soaked me with his water gun. 




A more panoramic view of Klamath Falls.  I should have pointed it out, but you can see my house in this picture!



We spent the rest of the afternoon with these two little cuties! They are my friends Foster kids and Maliyah is just in love. Okay okay so am I!  I can't help it...they are too cute!



He was mad because he couldn't get the little 'cars' flip phone open and I wouldn't help him unless he said please. I'm mean like that.


That evening I was supposed to take Maliyah's 8 1/2 yr pictures, but we got invited to a last minute BBQ Birthday so we didn't have enough time for pictures.  I'll have to see if I can pull it off tomorrow although today would have been perfect becuase it's cloudy!  There's just too much going on today. I have to play the piano at Seminary Graduation in an hour, then we have the missionaries and a new family in the ward coming over for dinner.  Then starts a SUPER busy week for me...but I'll for sure squeeze her pictures in. Jayden's 4 1/2 ones too!

No comments: