Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Week Update 8-21 through 8-28-11 BIG NEWS!

first...if you have missed the last few weeks, you missed some good stuff! My baby girls are growing up and you can read about them here:

Savannah is 2!

and here at the end of this post:

Emma is 4 months!

Wow...it's been a busy day, I'm exhausted and I really don't feel like going into too much detail for our week. Sorry. So out of my laziness this will all just be ONE big post.

Monday night was Maliyah's first time conducting FHE, and doing the lesson and treat. She gave us a great lesson and did a great job making the chocolate muffins. She made them nearly all on her own! Kyson also helped me out for dinner that night and is now a MASTER corn shucker (and I have never spelled that and never even THOUGHT about how it shoudl be spelled!). Maliyah's lesson was on the Word of Wisdom which went great with the Primary Theme this month of 'My Body is a Temple'. Today she had to give a talk in Primary so it went perfectly and just had to modify it a bit!






Trying to hide from the camera!






Thursday Morning Duck left out of town for the weekend on a business/pleasure trip with 3 other guys. When duck leaves I try to provide some fun activities for the kids so that they aren't bummed about him being gone, so Thursday we did the water activity at the Y.

Friday Maliyah had horse lessons so we drove out to sprague river again, but then that night we had Kimberly (husband is gone with DUck) over with her kids to do dinner and make cookie pizza's. Another friends little girl had fallen and split her head open so I had her other two little girls too. The kids had a blast with the craziness of it all...but it was just that, CRAZY! And loud.





That is a SUPREME!!



So this trip of Ducks....the point was to treat his good customers, Larry and Joey...to something...something big. It was pretty crazy that it ended up being car races in Bristol Tennessee...but that's what they chose!

Since they left 4 lonely wives behind, the company also treated us to a day. WE started with a pizza lunch and trolley ride downtown which included all the kids.

Waiting for the Trolley















After settling kids with babysitters we went to the spa. I got my first professional massage! It was okay. But honestly? I don't think I could EVER pay for one myself. I know lots of people that really enjoy them...I'm kinda jealous because I had been looking forward to it! I did however LOVE the pedicure and just chatting with Kimberly. After the spa we went out to dinner. It ended up being a really long night...2 HOURS to get our food and nearly 3 hours at the restaurant, but it was definitely a relaxing afternoon with women I really enjoy being with, so THANK YOU CED!!




So now for the BIG news of the week. This morning (with all 5 kids in tow because Duck is still gone) I went to my LAST ward Council meeting. Yes, today I was released from Primary President! It's a day I have been looking forward to....and dreading for years. I LOVE kids, but since being called I have had three babies, moved twice, and started homeschool and it's been a LOT Of work. I love being in primary and I look forward to the Day that I can maybe just be a primary teacher! As president I didn't get a lot of chances to work with the kids at a really intimate level, yet on the other hand I got the opportunity to work with and get to know ALL The kids rather than just one class! I will for sure miss those kids, but I know I'll get lots of chances to help out as a sub since my NEW CALLINGS ARE: (yes there are two) Ward Music Chairman, and Ward Choir Director.

Prior to this month I probably would have been a little intimidated by that calling (director anyway). But when the Bishop mentioned we will be released soon and he has another calling for me I got worried about what it might be! I thought it about it much of that afternoon and had an epiphany. NO MATTER what calling I recieve, I have the choice to LOVE it, or not. I also have the choice to put forth my all, or not. At that moment, I decided that no matter what my calling will be, I will be the BEST at it that I could be! Soon all kinds of calling were going through my head. Ones that would typically REALLY intimidate me, but I was getting excited about the prospect of any of these callings! So as soon as I was asked to serve in these areas, I said yes and I'm really excited! I'm going to try to be the BEST Ward Choir Director that our ward has ever had! Maybe I won't really be....but I'm certainly going to try!

I'm grateful for a church that allows me the opportunity to serve so much. It's in this service that I am humbled, taught, and given the chance to grow. I'm so grateful that I got the chance to be Primary President and for the wonderful relationships I was able to develop with the others I worked with in Primary.

Just got this picture in my email. We had two softball games this week. AFter Wednesdays game Duck and I had our date night, but he was gone for Thursday's game which was our last! We took fifth out of 8 teams. Consider we never had a single practice and a few of us are NOT athletes...I think not too shabby! We were the wildebeests...yes we were great! Go wildebeests!

2 comments:

Hunsaker said...

thats why you went to the spa!!!! yea CED, glad you got to benefit from it! love ya!

natalie said...

Yay for your new callings. You are so talented!