Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Week Update 8-14 through 8-21-11

I'm feeling the vibes of 'end of summer' going on all around me. I'm in denial. It finally got consistently warm and summery here, and I'm not ready to give it up. I've been trying to get the kids out to do something fun each day so that we'll have pleny of Summer 2011 memories!

I didn't take a lot of pictures from our activities this week, but we have been to the water activities at the GYM and on WEdnesday I took the kids hiking up hogsback, the hill behind us. It's a pretty steep hill so I knew we wouldn't go very far, but we REALLY didn't go far when the grass ended up as tall as Savannah. Because once the grass got tall, not only did I carry a baby on my back, but had to carry a toddler on my front! With the slippery dry grass beneath my feet I wasn't about to try the steep climb to the rocks where Maliyah and Kyson wanted to play. WE hiked about 10 minutes, took a break to eat our snacks then I promised the big kids we would come again with out the babies and then we went back down. It was fun while it lasted!

This picture was from my phone. It's the three at the top of where we hiked. That's Klamath Falls!









Friday morning Duck's Brother Gavin and his Wife Jessica had their baby boy Jaxon. Baby had some complications so I honestly haven't heard any stats about ANYTHING, but that he has been improving. As soon as we heard, the kids and I pulled over to say a prayer for Jaxon and their family. It was a sweet opportunity to hear them bless their new little cousin. We are so happy that he is doing better and we love you Gav and Jess!



Just snached this picture from facebook and the stats. 6 lbs 9 oz and 19 inches long. His full name is Jaxon Darren Duckworth. Love you little man.





This weekend Duck had to work a little bit in Coos Bay so the kids and I joined him. We didn't get in until late Thursday night and we had to leave Saturday morning, so it was a quick trip, but we had fun! I took the kids to the Ceramic Shop downtown where they each got to paint their own item (Savannah choosing to paint herself instead) then walking around the boardwalk while Duck was working.



This is Savannah while we were painting. She didn't like that I was taking her picture. Also from my phone.








By the time we got back to the hotel, had lunch and quick naps it was time to pick up Duck! The morning had been beautiful, but by the time we picked up Duck and drove out to Sunset Beach it was cold and foggy! Bummer. But does that stop my kids? Nope! They ended up stripping all down to their suits and still playing in the freezing ocean water. Crazy kiddos!

I don't remember what it's called, but this outlook always has tonz of sea lions hanging out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is the main group of them. They are like little bugs just crawling around eachother! there are so many of them! There have been lots of whales spotted out here, but none today.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's so beautiful out here...I lOVE It!

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

This picture makes me laugh. I always pack along jackets, and I always have extra clothes on hand for baby...but I didn't pack extra WARM clothes! So when emma leaked onto her jeans all I had to put on her was a way summery outfit. So I put her in that, then wiped off her pants and put them back on over, then her jacket. Then to make sure her socks stayed on her feet I put her sandals back on over her socks. Poor child!

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Obviously she didn't seem to mind too much, but she didn't like the runny nose or that I had to keep wiping it.

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't know much about ocean water...heck or any bodies of water for that much, but for some reason today the water was very green. Usually it's grey if the sky is grey, and blue if it's blue. The sky certainly wasn't green though.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket


Another sweet moment (but scary too) was on our drive there. Just north of Medford there was a massive Fire on the side of the freeway going up the mountain. I could feel the heat of the fires from the car! There were homes and business there. From what we could see homes weren't on fire yet, but it was a really scary scene with the helicoptor dropping water from the river and there was smoke everywhere. I got some pictures on Duck's phone but I don't have the right cords to download them onto the computer. We decided to have a prayer for those in and fighting those fires and maliyah got to say it. She was a little nervous and not sure what to say, but it was perfect. She is very fearfull of being in a fire, or our home catching on fire so she was very willing to bless for their protection. I do hope though that all were delivered safely from that awful fire.

OH! One more thing, Emma is 4 months! I really inteded on having her 4 month pictures posted today...but we haven't even taken them! I got her this new swimsuit and was all excited to have the pictures taken out at the coast, but she ended up being kinda sick and it was really just too cold. I'm hoping to take something this afternoon, but I don't know what since I was planning on the swim suit/coast thing! I'll for sure have something posted next week and tell you all about her!

Dang! I wasn't going to get back on here, but decided to hurry and post the pictures we took tonght of Emma. Honestly I really don't like doing pictures months 2-4/5. It's just awkward and...not my fav! I also decided to go ahead with the swimsuit thing so we drove out to the lake that's downtown. It worked out okay, but I totally mis-judged the lighting. I haven't been paying attention to sunset and it got dark on me way too fast!

At 4 months Emma is learning more and more every day! She is getting a bit closer to sitting...keeps us thinking every week that she might be teething by her drooling, or runny noses, or fussiness and then....no teeth! This last weekend she really did have a cold, Savannah and Maliyah got it too. Luckily it was just a runny nose, but still no fun. She is talking more and more and the kids just think it's so funny and are always telling me she is singing!

My favorite thing right now definitely has got to be when she lights up and smiles when she sees me, or other recognizable faces. Unfortunately I still can't seem to capture it on camera well, but it's a pretty cute smile!










She's smiling because Daddy is right there! Now if I could just get her to get excited about and smile at the camera!





this girl LOVES her toes! It's so cute to see her find them grab them and play with them!













So as if I wasn't already losing light fast, but a group of tourists stopped to watch. Oh wait, they didn't watch...they walked right next to emma and got her to look AWAY from me and kept trying to get her to smile at them! So...I just kept taking pictures! Finally after forever they continued on their walk.





She still absolutely HATES being on her belly. I think we last about 30 seconds. So at this poitn I couldn't even get her to hold still let along look at me and smile! But I LOVED the little ruffle bum that I got by her being on her belly!

No comments: