Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Daddy Duck and Savannah!

I debated for a long time what I should do for these two birthdays this year. Ultimately it came down to the fact that none of our friends would be around to do a party for Duck (or a golf trip which is what I wanted to plan) and Savannah hates people so why would I invite people over for her birthday?! So we decided to just do a family party this year and go to Medford for some fun.

Before leaving though of course we had a special breakfast for Duck (Savs was this morning). Then after lunch we had cupcakes and opened presents.



The cupcake tops were crumbled animal cookies which I thought Savannah would like. And she did. That's all she ate of her cupcake.



She did NOT like the candle. I had duck blow his out first so she could see what to do.



She didn't do it.



But she was plenty happy about the frosting and cookies on top.

 

 

 

 



I didn't even post a pic of Savannah opening presents because...she didn't want to hav eANYTHING to do with it. She hated everything she opened...well that her siblings opened for her and as soon as you set a present even close to her, she would run away. I don't know what her mood was all about, but golly I'm glad we didn't do that in front of a bunch of people! Eventually she sat down to one of her books...and FINALLY snuggled up to the blanket I got her (she discovered she likes the silky edges of blankets). But she is still afraid of the pillow pet grandma sent (Maliyah LOVES it though!) and doesn't want anything to do with the other little stuffed animal I got for her. Weird girl!!

In Medford we went to the Kid Time museum and the kids LOVED It! They always have so I knew it would be a great activity.









Maliyah's fav was the grocery store.

 

Savannah loaded up with food!



They got a new system (well a whole new location!) and it had a screen and scanner which actually brought up the pictures of what they were scanning!

 

Savs and the boys played forever in this room with the air tubes and balls. It was called the Laballatory!





 









At the end I made Duck do a puppet show for the kids. It was Hilarious!!! They loved it so much and then they each got a turn doing their own puppet show. It was great!

 



 
After the museum we did dinner at Ducks choice, Olive Garden. Then we did a bit of shopping. It wasn't the most exciting day for Duck...but I just have to tell him I told ya so! He wanted Nanna's birthday on his so bad so he is going to have to get used to her being the center of attention. He'll still get his golf trip..it just might be a couple weeks!


No comments: