Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Mexican Fiesta and Dates!

Saturday! It's such a special day isn't it? I love it. Sometimes I hate how busy they get, but often it's filled with good busyness so it's okay. Todays' busyness was filled with dates! We try to take the kids on dates each month and it often seems to fall on the 1st Saturday of the month.

Duck took Jayden this time to do the Home Depot Craft and to his basketball game. In the mean time I had the other four grocery shopping. The part of Saturday's I do NOT like. Then he took Maliyah to lunch and bowling while I worked putting away groceries and preparing for MY date night with DUck! When they got home I was off to take Ky out for his date. We went to see the Lorax and he was pretty stoked. We don't take the kids to the movies very often so it's pretty special when that happens. The movie was cute. I liked it. Maybe a little too modernized, but still a great story and done well.



Part of the fun getting ready for my date tonight was Kyson got to help me. I was preparing dinner and he loves helping in the kitchen so it was a fun pre-date activity!



We have noticed Savannah needing a little more attention lately so I made sure that she got a date in too. I took her to the store, walked around (she wasn't in a cart! Gasp!) and then she chose out her own bottle of purple glitter nail polish, picked out her own treat and we sat in the cafe eating our treat and painting her finger nails! She loved it!! When we got home she went around showing everybody her nails!

My date with Duck was completely 100% a copycat date from TheDatingDivas. It involved a LOT of Cilantro



Yummy Toppings





Delicious Smoothies



(the kids got some too)



and a super yummy Cafe Rio knock off!
We used chicken not the pork that was on the blog. I found the chicken recipe here.



We finished the night with Salsa Lessons from You Tube and then after getting kiddos to bed, watching The Three Amigos. Half the reason I liked this date idea and followed through with it was so Duck could watch this movie. It's not one of my favorites...I'm not into super cheesy dumb comedy, but because my brothers used to quote it ALL the time...it's funny to me. I think my brothers are funnier than the three Amigos. So Nate, Brent, Jaron, Jordan and Austin if you are reading this you better brush up on your Three Amigos....I'm expecting a performance when I visit next week!

Thanks Duck for putting up with Salsa Lessons and being the best DAte EVER!

No comments: