Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Larissa's Baby Shower & Austin's Homecoming Report

It was funny when I dated all my photo's to see that on the date of the 10th we had Austin's arrival at the airport (12:30 am) golfing for the guys, baby shower for the gals, and a party night for everybody all in one day! Whew it was a busy 24 hours. Poor exhausted Austin!

The baby shower was great though! My sister Janine hosted it and did a fantastic job!



I love when I'm visiting and there are events that family come to so that I get to see them!
This is my wonderful mother, fabulous Aunt and absolutely adorable niece!



Larissa is a beautiful pregnant woman! She was a sport to put up with all our tonz of events all weekend! She must have been pretty exhausted too. Maliyah loves baby shower and was by Larissa's side most of the time!



My Grandma Packer always makes a little quilt for the new babies being born. It's amazing at nearly 90 years old that she has been able to keep up with that for her 25+ great grandchildren!



My Aunt Suzanne whom I rarely get to see and dazzling cousin Aubrea!



I found a gal selling some baby clothes here in Klamath and she gave me a heck of a deal. She had over 80 pieces of clothes for $35.00!! She was pulling stuff out of drawers when I was picking them up from her and even handing me things she was going to return but figured she would never get around to. She was a saint. I was so excited to give this HUGE basket of clothes to Larissa. Lots of it is newborn, but it will be a great start and then she can pass on the blessing to other baby girls when she is done with them!



My sister found these cute printables somewhere online along with waterbottle printables. I'll see if I can get the link from her because they were adorable!



Saturday night as the whole family was hanging out...the kids begged to play wish some of the helium balloons we had leftover. So we made up a game of Duck Duck Goose (or Balloon Balloon POP!) with the balloons. The kids had a blast!



Sunday was the homecoming and although I didn't get pictures I wanted to share about it. First of all my brother Austin is amazing. I have enjoyed his letters so much throughout his mission. He has really inspired me to not only be a better missionary, but just a better person. He has such an amazing spirit about him and it was such a blessing to be able to spend those four days with him!

His talk in church was wonderful and i LOVED hearing his Italian. It was a double homecoming (a senior couple returned from MONGOLIA! and they lived in the same cul-de-sac....parking was crazy!). The church was so filled with people it felt like our stake conferences! They had chairs all the way to the back of the GYM filled!

My silly nanna.

No comments: