Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Relief Society Resource Building & Church History Museum {Salt Lake Temple Picture}

This last year my mom was called as the Relief Society President of her Stake. As part of her calling she gets to work at the Relief Society Resource Building once a week. She had been anxious to share this building with us for awhile and now that we have visited I can see why. What an amazing place it is.

The basement has a section devoted to Primary, Young Womens and then Relief Society. It was neat after having been a Primary President, to see everything in large scale!

This is the 'How to Teach a Song' Spinner.



In each section they had this poster size book/file things that the kids loved looking at.



Here Jayden was searching for a picture of a Temple.



On the left below is one of the pages created in the YOung Womens poster File. It's of some young women who created a garden, I believe in India. It's small, but if you look close you can see the Young Women symbols they created out of rocks, colored dirt, sand and plants. It was really cool to see! To the right was a needlepoint of the temple. Kyson actually called me over to look at that and requested a picture of him and I together in front of it.

 

 





I would love to go back someday for the full tour without kids. I felt such a spirit in this building even with my kids, imagine what it would be like without! (Even though I really love my kids!)





 


 

This rug was pretty cool and it took me a few minutes to see the torch symbol within it.




These pictures are of the main floor. The sister that worked there did give us a tour of this floor while my gracious husband took the four little ones on a walk. It was neat to hear the stories of the sisters who sacrificed to help make this building a possibility. If they didn't have money, or couldn't send money to donate, they would sent their precious things, or pool money together to purchase expensive things that could be sold once in the US for money. Of course many of these artifacts were held onto rather than being sold.

 

 



My kids are always enthralled by our visits to Temple Square. I'm so glad it's a place that they have good memories of and that they always want to return!



After our walk through Temple Square we visited the new Book of Mormon Childrens Exhibit at the Church History Museum. You can see more about this exhibit HERE. Or watch a video about it HERE. It's really interesting to hear the inspiration of the exhibit by the man who designed it.

The girls playing in Nephi's Ship.







Dolls and Dress-ups.





We didn't have a lot of time to stay, but if we could we might have stayed for 2 hours! It was really fantastic!

No comments: