Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Spiders and Hair Cuts Oh MY!!

This week There was a HUGE spider in the house. I had issues. This is the email I sent my family:

"So, I don't consider myself a wimp. I do what I gotta do when I gotta do it. Most of the time. But today, when a very large spider invaded my house....I got wimpy. It took me 15 minutes to finally muster up the courage to get this sucker. And when I did...I was shaking like a leaf! I have never been so nervous about something so little! But for the sake of my kids, who are more disgusted by spiders than I am, I for all of 2 seconds (for that's all it took for me to swipe it really hard with a shoe), became a super hero. Now every day when Maliyah prays that mom and Dad will protect her from all spiders and insects (which she does every prayer) she can feel confident that we will. Whew...my heart is still beating hard!

Enjoy a peek of what freaked me out today."




Couple Pictures of some cute kiddos who LOVE their baby sister! (and hate spiders)





Emma's First Haircut!!

There are three views...the top, the back, and then her front. I'll put the before pictures on the left, and the after on the right.

 

 

 

Mostly I was just trying to help the bald spot on the back not quite so obvious and eliminate random really long hairs where she has very short hair!

I love saving that little newborn hair...so soft and feathery.

**********************************

A gal I visit Teach posted this on facebook:

"I like to sit in parking lots and judge people....if they put their cart away they are good people, if they leave it out I send them mean vibes through my devil eyes"

I immediately called my VT companion and this is what we came up with:





This cart was HEAVY! Imagine me trying to get it in the back of my van by myself!


This was Ann's reply on Facebook:

"I have a sneaking feeling that my visiting teachers have a problem putting their grocery carts away. REALLY LAZY!!!!! They brought it to my house for ME to put away."

Ann is one of the funniest people I know and I love hanging out with her. Thanks for taking it SO well Ann!

No comments: