Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pioneer DAy Ward Activity

Growing up in Utah, Pioneer Day was one of my favorites! I have so many memories of the fun things we would do, ward breakfasts, sleeping out downtown salt Lake for the parade, family bbq's, homemade icecream, fireworks...the list goes on.

Here is Klamath of course it's not so much. Every year we talk about it...but usually by then it's too late to do anthing about it. This year was going to be different!

The plan was to have a Primary Pioneer Parade at the church. But as we continued to think about and plan it...we had to do more than that! We got permission to make it a ward activity, rallied together all the auxillaries to help and put on a very memorable Ward Pioneer Activity. I was tearful at times watching my ward family having so much fun together. Usually when I'm charge of a big event...I spend most of the event making sure things are all running smooth. This was so fun, laid back, and organized that I was able to just enjoy myself as well! And the amount of pictures taken is proof of that.

Me and my cute girlies!



Parading around the parking lot. Kids had their bikes for our little parade. We had roped off half of the parking lot for this event and the kids absolutely loved the freedom to just ride around.



 



Games...Ky and Duck got a little wet on this one!



The relief society set up a washing post. Buckets, washboard and clothes line. All the little girls stayed completely entertained here the whole time!



Pioneer Sisters!
(Natalie here is the cutie that made Emma's little Bonnet.)



 

We have a fantastic couple of Elders. Elder Puertas (from somewhere that speaks spanish? Lol, I forgot!) and Elder Basset (from Bountiful).



We did homemade icecream in a baggie and it was a HUGE hit! It became quite a source of entertainment for all ages.

 

Cowboy Kyson Enjoying the pie from the PIe Baking contest!



Maliyah enjoyed the laundry station as well.

 



The day last week when I had done the pj shorts with the kids I ran across this fabric a friend gave to me and I really wante to make something out of it. So I did Maliyah's dress then with the scraps made the skirts for the two little girls. Then with very little time I pulled together the bonnet.





No comments: