Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Week Update 7-10 through 7-17-11 First Camping Trip This SUmmer!

This was busy, crazy, fun and wild! What week isn't?! This week was girls camp and the first time in 4 years I didn't do something to help! It was wierd...but actually I served in a different way. My friend (mom of five kids) had to be there all week so I helped watch a couple of her kids. It was so fun for Maliyah as her oldest daughter is one of Maliyah's best friends. I hired my sitter to join us for a couple hours each day to help me drive kids to and from the park and other activities. (we didn't all fit in my car!) This way we didn't stay totally bored stuck in my house all the time!

Tuesday was really fun because during naptime I let the two older girls stay up and we made pajama shorts! Even Jade our babysitter joined us. Then Wendesday during naptime I was able to make a dress for Maliyah and skirt for the little girls from the scraps. I can't wait for them to wear them! Now I just have to do the accessories and we will be set! I don't sew very often, but when I do I have fun with it and the addictive juices get back in my blood and all the projects that I want to make come back to me! I did have ot make some pajama shorts for Kyson, but next on my adgenda is an apron. I do NOT own an apron and it would come in handy. I also want to make a bonnet for Maliyah. I have one for me, SAvannah and Emma, but not Maliyah! And Next Sunday for Pioneer day I wanted us to all wear one to church.

All week I had been planning that this weekend I would take the kids camping. Duck was maybe going to have to go on a scout campout, but luckily he got out of that (even though I'm sure he would have loved that as well) and was able to come with us! AND I talked him into going THursday so we could have all day Friday to play. I'm SO glad we did! It was a blast! It's mostly all I took pictures of all week so enjoy them below!

Savannah being all cute! WE got a steal deal on a camper last fall and this was our first family camping trip to use it. The kids of course LOVE it!

 

Friday morning Duck took the older three fishing, so I took the 2 babies on a hike/walk. I decided to try out the bike trail that went from the camp grounds to the Marina. By the way we camped out at Stewart State Park and Lost Creek Reservoir.

We parked it out by the marina at the swimming area to feed Emma and give Savannah a little break. I carried her in the backpack and I think her legs were going numb!



It was a beautiful walk and even the girlies seemed to enjoy it.



I had called DUck and told him where I was so after Maliyah caught the first and only fish of the day, they drove the boat over to where we were so I could see!

 



Shortly after that Duck met me over at the Marin to drop off Jayden. He was getting a little bored. I went back to the campground to shower and clean up a bit then we met them back at the Marina to bring all the stuff back to the campground. Maliyah was pretty proud of herself and I was shocked she was even willing to touch that dead fish! Way to go Maliyah!



 



After getting the littles down for naps, I took the 3 older kids to find some sprinklers. We found some pretty close by and had a blast. It was a hot afternoon and it felt SO good! I haven't ran around in sprinklers like that for years! At first the kids were a little hesitant and scared of those big, cold sprinklers, but we got going they had so much fun!

This picture Jayden is right behind ky, but you can't see him except his arm. It looks like Ky has three arms!



 









 

Maliyah wanted to take a turn with the camera to catch me running around! My favorite was when we would race right through the middle of all of them and try to see if we could dodge them.

 

After the babies finished sleeping (and I took a much needed nap out in the sun!) we headed down to the swimming area of the lake. WE didn't stay really long, but the water was awesome! I wished I not only had my swim suit on, but at least that I didn't have a sleeping baby in a backpack on me! I wanted to play in the water! At least the kids had fun.

That night we did the normal stuff, playing games and roasting marshmallows...but we also tried something a little different this time! I made popcorn from the airpopper. I have done it before with those ones you cook over a stove top, but I love air popped corn. I didn't know how to melt the butter so I made a foili bowl and melted it over the fire. It worked great!



Saturday morning we had a bit of time to play before checking out so we went on a little family hike to see a river I had discovered on the bike path the day before.



 



It really is a beautiful hike/walk with lots of interesting trees and beautiful plants.

 



 



Duck is kind of a wimp when it comes to carrying kids on his back...so I ended up with Savs on my back AND pushing Jayden on the stroller with Emma. And yes he will read this...I'm hoping maybe next time he'll take his turn! AT least by me pushing...he had to have the camera in hand and I made it in a couple of pictures!

 

My tired babies.



 



I have yet to look up any info on these trees, but they were all over the place. The bark just has fallen off, exposing the wood underneath and often orangish red wood. They looked really cool.



Here you can see a closeup of the bark coming off.





Just before lunch I left Duck with the sleeping babies and Jayden while I took the oldest two on a real hike.




We hiked down to this hiking trail and then once in awhile ventured off it to explore a little. It was a really beautiful hike with awesome views of the lake.




We really had a great time and even though the prep and clean-up are a bit of work...I can't wait to go camping again! And lucky for me I think the kids can't either!

No comments: