Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

My trip to chicago and Nauvoo

I guess I’ll explain the why for my trip and then about it! Last summer my family participated in the Nauvoo Pageant in Nauvoo Illionios. I wanted to go so bad, but was too far along in my pregnancy to do that. So when they were accepted again this year I knew I had to go. I saved my money over the past 7 months and was able to go. Since I fly into Chicago I also planned to visit my good friend Carrie.

I left for my trip early Thursday the 8th, in the morning. My flight was delayed about 2 ½ hours so we got a late start which resulted in a rough day, but it really wasn’t too bad. I was just so excited to be in Chicago when I got there!

Carrie picked me up and we drove the 45 minutes to Naperville. We were just a few minutes from her house when Duck called and let me know my diaper bag was still at the airport. Some angel had found it and turned it in. Yay…we got to drive all the way back. I’m still SOOOO sorry Carrie!

I had such a great time being with Carrie and her kids. She was my bestest friend through High school and we continued to stay close through college and every since! Even though we rarely see each other, it’s like we pick right back up where we left off every time we get together. Chicago is far from Klamath Falls, and with kids it’s hard for either of us to travel much so I’m so grateful for the times that we are able to get together. Amazingly it’s been my third trip out to Chicago and Carrie and Ryan have been out to Klamath Falls too!

Carrie has two adorable little boys Eli, and Jace. Enjoy the pictures below of our time spent together!

Eli would hardly smile at me in front of camera or not, but golly those blue eyes sure make up for it!





Action pictures of Jace. Because Jace is an Active Boy! He reminds me of my Jayden!





All the faces of Jace!



Enjoying Chicago Style Pizza! (and yogurt for Eli)







I think Carrie called the area we were Millenia or millennium park, but there is this big bean that’s like a mirror, and then this Dinosaur! I kept pointing out things my kids would like to see. I guess it’s ingrained in me to do that weather my one year old cares or not!



They have these building looking like waterfountains and there were TONZ of kids playing in their bathing suits. One of them also had lights/ behind it creating faces on the outside. Savannah and Jace didn’t care for the water too much, but Eli loved it!





Mitchell family picture (although I didn’t realize until I got home that all four of them were in it and looking!)









We also walked along the boardwalk along Michigan Lake. It was hot, but a beautiful day.



No comments: