Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sewing again!? (That's what my hubby says!) 6-23-09

I know, I have been on some kinda sewing craze...some people get distracted and into a book, spending hours reading because they can't put it down, I get my sewing Machine fixed, learn how to make one thing, that leads to another, and before I know it I"m making clothes for my kid! It's been kinda addicting and my house has suffered. Saturday (yesteday) I finally devoted my day to organizing some things in my house that had been neglected, before I could work on ANY projects!

This little top below though is one of them this week. Mostly I have been sticking to super simple stuff. Things I can make in an hour or less....but! Last year Maliyah had this little yellow rhumba top that she would wear with her black gouchos and it was just so stinkin cute on her. Well the pants still fit, but not the top and she really didn't have anything else to wear with those pants for summer! I was loving the yellow with the black, and so when I saw fabrics I loved at Wal-mart in yellow and black, I couldn't resist! In my head I formulated a pattern similar to the ruffle rhumba top from last year, and created this little shirt. It really too WAY too long for what I would hve liked, but a lot of that time was just spent figuring out how I was going to make the darn thing and the dimentions since Maliyah was sleeping while I made it! The first time I tried it on her I had to make a few adjustments, but in the end I was very pleased with how it turned out and wished it hadnt' taken so long so I could make one for baby!!

OH! And of course the matching clippies for her hair!






The evening we took these picture we were playing at the park during KY's t-ball game and Maliyah finally had the guts to climb across this obstacle thing on the playground. I have been trying to get the kids to do it FOREVER! But they are pretty wimpy and not very adventurous. I was very proud of Maliyah because I just looked up, she was trying it and then half way yelled Look mom! She was very proud of herself.

She also was trying to teach Jayden how to roll on the ground. It was actually pretty humorous, to watch a little bit of it check out the video clip at the end of this weeks' posts.







No comments: