Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Two new Projects 6-23 & 25-09

I learned how to make pants, yes the one thing that scared me to death, but I attempted, it was super easy, I made them in 20 minutes (minus the ruffle) and was elated at how easy it was!





Then I found a tutorial using a t-shirt to make Pajama pants! Duh, comfy, easy, no hemming needed, and I can use old clothing instead of throwing it out! So the other night as a family activity the kids got to pick out their own t-shirt (from dads closet) trace their own patter, and even push the sewing pedal while I sewed! Maliyh figured out how to thread the elastic through the pants and even requested "decoration" for her pants, hence the ribbon embellishment.

Needless to say, it was a super fun thing to do with the kids, got three pj pants done in an hour, and the kids were really proud of what they had created!






I also was telling some friends about all the easy projects I have found and they wanted to know where I found all these ideas, so below are the links to many of the tutorials I have found. I have to admit, I sometimes do better just figuring things out myself, so really most of what I have made it something I either tweaked because I saw a tutorial and actually saw how it was SUPPOSEDA to be done, or it was tweaked from a tutorial and I wanted to add my own touch (like the embellishment on the t-shirt pj's!). Either way here is quite a lits of some of the sites I have googled the past few weeks.

Flat Front Pants


PJ Pants


T-shirt Pants


Ruffle/embellished pans



















Towel Pants




















Bandana Pants














Ruffle Pants














Pillow Case Tutorial






















Skirt in under and Hour!



I don't know that this second picture is the exact same pattern, but they were so cute I had requested my friend for some intruct and that's what led her to create the above tutorial. She made these skirts for her three girls when they went to disneyland...how dang cute!



This is just a start, there are so many tutorials for easy sewing projects....just google what you are looking for and you find much much more!

No comments: