Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Camping at the Rogue! 6-15-09

Okay, so I already mentioned that this week I was taking the kids camping, so here goes telling of the beginning of our big camping adventure! ON Monday Before even checking into the campground I took the kids bowling. The alley in Medford has $1.00 bowling on Mondays so we took advantage of that! This alley though doesnt have the metal frame to roll the ball down from like my kids are used to, but they amazingly did great without it! Kyson even tried bowling it normal and did a pretty good job. Jayden got a little too anxious sometimes and wanted to start the ball 8 feet before we even got to the front of the lane, but overall he did great and was really patient for his turns.




Jayden got really independent wanting to pick up the ball on his own. At first I didn't worry about it until he proved he could pick it up! I had to keep a close watch on him from then on! Then this second picture was after Maliyah bowled a not so fabulous roll!



Trying to include myself in the memories of this trip!



Kyson won, Maliyah and Ky tied. Maliyah didn't really like that, she gets really competitive with Kyson, but no matter what considering they did it all on their own, I think they did a great job!



Off to our Camp site! (or camp spot as the kids called it!)



We camped at a place called Valley of the Rogue. We camped there last summer and loved it! There is grass everywhere and pavement. I like that because it means less messy kids! And since we were doing some activities that aren't normal camping activities (out in public!) I wanted them to not be totally filthy every time we headed out. The river is nearby and there is just plenty of space for the kids to run and play.

The kids were really great during camp set up. Kyson helped me set up the tent, Jayden sat in the stroller and watched and Maliyah actually sat in a timeout due to some attitude! They continued to play well while I cut wood, started the fire and cooked dinner.

Our fabulous and traditional foil dinners. And the first time I cooked them perfect! Cooked all the way through and no burns! (although I like a little burn...but the kids don't!)



Heading out on a 'safari' after dinner.






The kids saw something orange on the ground, at first I thought it was a colorful leaf.



What we really saw!



Another animal on our adventure. When editing this picture I couldn't find him. Can you?



Here's a closer look with some color editing.



The dark and spooky forest! Don't they look scared?



Our first attempt at a picture of all four of us.


Roasting Marshmallows






OUr first night went really well and I suprisingly slept well too! And the most crazy part of all is that the kids slept in until 8:00 AM!! My kids are usually up by 6-6:30 every morning, so to have them still sleeping that late was awesome!

No comments: