Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Kid Time Discovery Museum 6-16-09

The first of our adventures on Tuesday was the Kid Time Museum in Medford. You can read more about them here. We had been here once before last year and we really enjoyed it. It was going to be very affordable, and ended up being free! I was able to apply for and get a 3 month free membership.

Just a group picture before heading out for our days adventures!




One area I loved in this museum is the toddler space. It's just for kids 3 and under and everything is soft and squishy! I let Ky play in there since there weren't any other kids in it at the time, but mostly I just loved that Jayden could run around and everything was his size and at his level of ability.



Ky is actually in the air in this picture!



When we first got to the museum I sat down with ky and Jade to play at this little table with these magnetic toys. Honestly at the moment I couldn't figure out what to do with them and got bored with them really fast so we moved on.



Later when we were waiting for Maliyah to finish her craft to leave, we attempted these magnetic toys again. I started just making shapes for ky to guess, and soon we were building things! They turned out to be really cool and below is what we created! Apparently we didn't impress only ourselves but also the staff who probably didn't know what to do with them either! They asked if they could take a picture of what we built to post near the table! It ended up being a really fun toy!



They have this big stage with dress ups and puppets. Maliyah started then Kyson joined in. Their costumes killed me. But mostly Ky's. His cinderella slippers, adult size shrek pants, and diego shirt!



Jayden's costume stayed simple with just a cheerleader shirt!






A better view of Kyson's choice of shoes!







Life Size Connect four




Grocery Store (of course!)



Water Table (this was actually kinda dumb to me...just rocks and toys in running water but the kids thought it was fabulous!)



The musical instrument they made for the craft that day.




After the museum we were going to go and get lunch. I was going to treat the kids to Burger King or something, but since we didn't have to pay for the museum we decided to splurge and go to Olive Garden. I'm pretty good at making it cheap, but it was fabulous! I'm glad my kids love it.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

We loved this museum also. So much fun! You're so dang brave taking them camping by yourself. Your the woman. We have some exciting news also. Check out my blog.