Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Last minute good times! 5-2-09

So I just had a few more days before heading back to Oregon so I tried to do whatever else I hadn’t gotten done yet! After Womens conference on Friday Janine picked up her kids and came up to Layton to spend the night as well. Saturday we got an early start on some things but wanted to do a craft with the kids. My father-in-law had given me a bunch of 2x4 ends and so we jsut got creative. And can I say we ended up with some really cute crafts coming from some blocks of wood! I never did get pictures of them all, but I'm determined to, so after I gather them, I'll repost them on here and make sure to forward on the info! Maliyah actually made two, Kyson used some little circles to add blue dots to his and had his name put on, my sister did a zebra, but the cutest was little Adam JR's. One side was a tiger, the other size was a lion, then on the long skinney size was a snake. We used yarn for the lions mane, little shapes to create the faces and paws....totally so cute!











That evening we suprised Duck's mom with a little birthday party at Olive Garden. And if any of you know Maliyah and parties, you know that is her FORTE!! She loves them! So it was just the funnest thing in the world for it to not only be a suprise, but to help pick out balloons, gifts, treats and a cake. We had a really wonderful time at Olive Garden and just want Grandma Duck to know we love her to death!






Ky wearing Grandma's glasses.

(After eating this cake I was in heaven and it became my one and only requets for Mothers DAY. Gotta love Albertson!)


Maliyah and her grandma get so darn silly! One thing just leads to another...




and another......



and then gets contaigous and leads to even more!







One last mention, I REALLY wish I had pictures of this event, but Sunday we were able to go visit our good friends the Sterretts. They have the four girls Duck and I used to baby sit and they were like our kids! I was soooo glad we were able to arrange a last minute visit. I love that family and will forever! Thanks Veronica, Steve and girls for letting us crash your Sunday afternoon so we could have that quick visit....we love ya!

No comments: