Welcome to our blog!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blackberry picking, Birthdays and Babies! (hey those all start with B!)

Monday night some friends invited us to join them to go Blackberry picking for FHE. WE hadn't had a chance to do that yet this year so we were totally in! The kids were reminded of the prickly bushes and how hard it is to get a lot...but we had a great time with our friends and were able to come home and make Blackberry Pear Tarts and Blackberry Shakes! yummm!!! (I think those were responsible for my lack of weight loss this week)

   





 This week we got some fantastic news from my brother Austin...him and his girlfriend Emma are getting married! I knew my kids would be so excited and Austin wanted to tell Maliyah himself....it was fun to watch her face go from 'what might he be calling about' to total excitement!



Congratulations Austin and Emma!!



Wednesday was the birthday of a favorite friend. She is in her 80's and Maliyah visits her most Thursdays during quite time to keep her company, clean her house or whatever juanita wants her to do! We went and made her lunch and played games at her house. the kids played hide and seek forever and loved having a new house with new hiding places! (that's Emma and Nanna counting).





 That night was a baby shower for a gal in the ward who is new and had her baby about 6 weeks ago. Maliyah came with me and was in heaven being able to hold this baby! She's the best little mommy ever!

 

For anybody who doesn't know, duck hired a new employee! He met her at a training in boston and she's great! Her name is tracy and they moved her from a town near santa Barbara. hey wanted a chance and boy did they get it! She love it here though and I love that there is one more person to take the work load off duck! She has also been joining me for Tue night women's basketball and she's good! Anyway, Friday night as her Boss...Duck took her and her husband (and me of course) out to dinner. But we had to do a little golf first! What is a business dinner without golf? Well luckily with them none of it was business, but a lot of fun! Thanks Tracy and Zach...we had a great time!

I left my camera in the car, but it was a beautiful night (minus the bugs) and this was a shot I got from the car before we left.

No comments: