Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Week update {Sunday Best}

I don't even know where to start with this weeks update. This was supposed to be the week for me to completely get organized with the kids school as we are supposed to start tomorrow!  But with Monday being a Holiday we just did family stuff. We played at the park, played some ultimate frisbee with friends and then hung out with the kids.

That pushed my laundry and cleaning day to Tuesday, so really I only had then three days left to work on school stuff.  I did get Maliyah and Kyson's school curriculum all organized and scheduled for the year, but the school room (which will be a good two day job) still needs some revamping.  Friday was going to be my day to do that, but an emergency came up.  I won't go into details, but I had to go check on a family and in the process convinced the mom to let me take the kids for the day.  She later was found passed out in the car and taken to the hospital.  I had the kids most of Friday, the baby all of Saturday and then the 2 other girls Saturdy aftenoon/evening.  My friend Joann had them all the other times, and overnight.  I don't know what's going to happen next.  This family is dealing with a lot of issues and although I pray for the best, it's going to be a long time before things are back to normal for them.  Say a special prayer for those sweet children as they go through this difficult time.

Today....on a much lighter note, was my first assignment in my new calling as Stake Primary President.  A ward, about 30 minutes out of town has a new presidency and they were having a meeting and wanted me to come and hopefully help give them some help.  It was really neat meeting these sisters and seeing their amazing efforts.  I also got roped into speaking in their Sacrament meeting.  It was a great meeting and then I got to enjoy spending primary time there.  I even got to help teach the music! That's definitely on the top of my list of favorite callings!

I did though before heading out of town this morning, get the kids to church on time and get a picture of them. It's been a busy, exhausting week/weekend, but ended with a great Sabbath.

No comments: