Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Oh so many things!

I would normally post all this in many posts, but there is just too much I want to squeeze in...that it just might be faster to do it all in one!

Our trip to Utah was fun, even greater was our visit to Denver to see my brother Jordan, his beautiful wife Larissa and their darling baby Lydia!  OH what a doll, it's so hard to be so far away from them!

We started off our trip by a few day visit with the Duckworths. The kids love their time with Gma and Gpa Duck and we enjoyed our stay there visiting with cousins as well.

One of the favorite thing the kids like to do when we visit is swimming at the club house.  Maliyah just learned how to do this while we were there.


We were able to get with Gavin and Jessica and their kids at the park. The kids LOVE playing together and seem to get along pretty well. Somtimes there is boy and girl rivalry...but when isn't there?

This is my handsome nephew Hunter.


Kyson is such a good big brother!


OH, and then there's Jaxon with his beautiful blue eyes!


Hugs!~


Towards the end of our trip we were going to meet to go to a park, but after already spending all morning in the hot sun at a wedding, we decided on an indoor activity.  Great idea Linda! The kids are still talking about it!



Another morning we also scouted out all the splash pads in the area and chose one for some cooling off!


Saturday morning was Madi's Baptism...Gavin's daughter.  Here she is with both her grandpa's who baptized and confirmed her and her mom Erin.


This is Erin's new husband Jon. I was really glad to finally meet him!


Gavin And Jess and their cute family!

 

All the kids being kids and cousins!


   



(in a tiny squeeky voice )  *tiny hugs*



That evening was my other niece Maddie's baptism (my brothers daughter). I didn't take any picture as we arrived a few minutes late and then just after had to change into pj's eat dinner and then head out to Denver for Lydia's blessing the next morning! We arrived to Highlands Ranch at about 2:30am. I am still shocked that I didn't sleep through all of church! The blessing was great but of course even greater was just getting ot meet Lydia. Larissa's parents fed us, took care of us, entertained us and were the most fabulous hosts. It was such a good time to be able to spend with Jordan and his darling little family.



 


 


These are the Spear Grandkids, Lucy*Preston*Lydia




What's a photoshoot without some craziness. Actually this is the reaction we got when thinking about the idea of Jordan and Larissa having 6 kids!  (Emma likes the idea!)


 

Preston and Jadyen totally hit it off and had a great time together!



That evening we played Qwelf.  Is your thumb as long as your nose?


How about a Hula Dance?


Or Tying a square knot in a tie on yourself..it was harder than it sounds.


Monday morning the spears took us to the lake.  The kids got to Jetski a ton, the littles played in water and apparently sunscreen too!

  

A few of Lucy...I couldn't get enough of those darling curls and yummy cheeks!


 



Oh brother, more kissing?

   

Hey! I finally got in a picture with my kids!


Kyson wanted a turn taking a picture so me and Savannah were the targets.

 
One afternoon back in Layton my friend Melissa had us all over to play. The kids had a blast and she helped me take Savannah's 3 year pictures as well. (they will hopefully be posted in the next couple of weeks) I love visiting with Melissa. I'm so sad she is back in Layton, but so happy that at least she moved somewhere that I visit frequently! We also got to spend Sunday afternoon together and it was wonderful. I miss you Melissa!


Jayden also had a great adventure. Playing with a rubber exercise band, he flicked himself in the face (it slipped off whatever he had the other end hooked onto) and it hit right in the corner of his lip. He was bleeding all over the place! It also cut inside his mouth so he was choking on his blood. He ended up needing a few stitches and was my official first visit to the ER with my kids. I knew it would be him! He was super brave though and didn't even flinch when they gave him his shot to numb his mouth, OR while getting the stitches.



After the stitches


He still has a bit of a joker smile, but he's all healed up now.

Another fun thing about our visit was the chance to meet my brother Austin's girlfriend, Emma and her sister Becca. They are both adorable girls!

No comments: