Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Weekly Update 12-18 One week till Christmas!! {& some photography}

Oh wow...i have like five minutes to do this and it's going to take longer than that, but I'm in utah enjoying my family and we have stuff to do! So this will be quick and all in one post.

SUNDAY BEST

was it our best? It was early church which we aren't used too, but I prefer. We were running a little late so I had to spend all of five minutes on all five kids hair and mine...but we made it all in once piece. Phew!



and Savannah says thank you for the darling sweater Grandma Duck!

 





oh! Before anything else though....












HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM AND DAD!!!

You two are the best ever and although it's been a crazy weekend and we haven't been able to do much for you, I want you to know that we couldn't ask for better parents and grandparents for our kids! Love you so much!

Just getting ready for a trip to Utah is a lot of work, let alone one that's going to be 3 1/2 weeks long....and not to mention having my music recital the night before leaving! it wasn't necessarily my plan, but thanks to wonderful friends (thanks to all those that tried for me), we got tickets to the Tab Choir Concert and I needed to leave on Wednesday!



My first drive to utah with out Duck with 5 kids went quite well! I'm so terrible...they did so good that they only got out of the car once. Yes, once. Emma did amazing. Thank you kids for making it easy on me!

Thursday I went with my two sisters and Maliyah to the Tab choir concert. It was amazing. what a wonderful night full of music, stories and the spirit.

Friday I got to hang out with janine a lot...but I also got to hang out with Dixie and Shalamar and take their babies pictures! Oooh I get so lovey dovey around newborns. I had woke up that morning with a sore throat so I could only do the minimum placing them and moving them. no kisses or snuggles. :(

I haven't been able to edit just a few of these, but I'm not sharing all of allen's because I'm sure shalamar doesn't want to spoil her darling blessing invites, but here is one of 1 month old allen











and 2 month Ellie









Oh my gosh i have so many more cute pictures of these babies...i can't wait to show off my cute niece and nephew!

Friday night we had a sleepover at Janines house while mom and Dad celebrated their birthdays and went to the Tab choir concert. the kids LOVED being with their cousins. Well, they just love being here period. Saturday I needed to take Emma's 8 month pictures so lucky for me there are tree farms just across the street! And of course Janine knows the owners...they are in their ward!







 











Was it cold you ask? Well the thermometer said so...but suprisingly other than laying in the snow and mud...it wasn't too bad! Emma didn't act cold at all. luckily it only took a few minutes!

 

And her yummy treat for doing so well!!



I realized too that I had wanted to post the rest of these pictures from the kids Christmas shoot. Thanks again Melissa for helping me out!



 





















and last, but I think the most exciting thing to happen this year is...
Maliyah is getting Baptized! My first born. oh how that makes me feel old, but so so proud. I encouraged her to pray about getting baptized and think about why she wants to be baptized. I won't go into details but her answers were sweet and i believe she really has a testimony of this Gospel.

No comments: