Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Photography

In the past I have not put myself out there as a photographer at all. If a friend asked I would do some pictures, but I would NOT take money and I took VERY few jobs. They made me nervous. I would definitely consider myself amateur. I still don't have time to be doing it much more than just on my kids. But needing to make some money for a speeding ticket I put myself out a bit and got a great response. What it did for me (besides keeping me insanely busy) is I got a lot of practice. Each time I feel I learn something knew and get a little bit better.

When I have time I have read about photography and learn how I can get better. And someday I might....just might (when my kids are all grown and I have tonz of grandbabies to take pictures of!) then I might move to the professional phase. :)

Here are a few pictures from the photo shoots I have been busy with this fall:

Schriver Family

Last year we met this family through our preschool group and because of that introduction Maliyah was able to take Horse riding lessons from Heather! She offered to do it for free so as an exchange I offered to do their family pictures. They are such a sweet kind family and I love the opportunities we get to hang out together! Maliyah just adores Heather and can't wait till next summer to hopefully continue!











Taylor Girls

The mom of these gals has become a really great friend! They are the gracious family that invited us to have Thanksgiving with them. I also have the joy of having the oldest in my music class this year. Last year and this year it was super cold for picture, but they hold out really well!





Rasmussens

This family is AMAZING!! Not too many days go by that I don't ask myself in a situation "what would Natalie do?" She has six boys, a baby girl in heaven and her new baby girl Esther. She homeschools, the kids all play piano AND another instrument and are about the best behaved boys I have ever seen. Esther is one of our 4 "babies" born all together and I LOVE love love seeing these babies at church.











This picture is the best. When they picked up the CD and I was explaining to Jayden what they came over for, I showed him the pictures since he is friends with their little boy. When he saw this picture he says: "Hey mom! Look! He's happy to see me!" I laughed so hard!









McAllister Family

This is a new family that moved into our ward and They are from Layton! Melissa went to Layton high a few years after I did and it gets even better...she is a photographer! She has been the funnest photography buddy and I have learned lots from her! She helped me do my kids' Christmas pictures so in turn she asked me to do her family pictures. I used her camera (as it's WAY better than mine) and all I can say is I was nervous!! Until we got out there and started taking pictures. I LOVE kids and taking pictures of them is the best. Getting them to giggle and getting that real smile outta them is the greatest! Melissa did a fantastic with the editing on these.










 



Jones Family

This family is in our ward...you may recognize them from previous events! Melissa and I did this shoot together and despite the FREEZING cold (it was 9am!!) the kids did amazing. I have really grown to love these little girls so getting to take their pictures was an honor. The rest of the pictures are on Melissa's Blog.





 

Elaina Family

These guys are good friends from the ward. Derrick actually played baseball with Duck's brother at SUU! It's been fun to see their kids born and grow up.












Davis Family

We have been friends with this family since the first week we moved into Klamath Falls. Mom used to be my workout partner which was the best! They are such a good family and always a great example of how to raise a family in righteousness. I have also had their kids in my music classes and I just love them!













Bottcher Family

This family I just met yesterday for their picture. I took the little boys pictures through Sara's preschool. I do the preschool pictures each year and this year was the busiest with 22 preschoolers! This family liked the pictures and really wanted a family picture for their Christmas cards so we did a quick mini shoot. They were awesome! We got done in 1/2 hour and I was able to get their CD to them this morning. That's fast for me! some times I can't get to pictures for weeks, but there was so little editing that NEEDED to be done that it was easy! (and then I had some time to actually play around in photoshop a bit!)


 



No comments: