Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Maliyah's Birthday {Mother Daughter Spa Party}

For months Maliyah has been wanting ot have a Mother Daughter night. It just worked out to have it as her birthday and we chose to have a spa party! She was in heaven through the whole thing, the planning, the party and the late night her and I got after all her friends left!

She helped make her invitations and the color scheme she chose was Neapolitan.

 

We had a variety of treatments including Chocolate Facials, manicures, pedicures, body wraps and recipes like Lip Balm, glitter gel and sugar foot scrub!







I invited a friend who has 6 boys but just one adorable baby girl! She painted her toes for the first time, it was so cute! I've yet to do Emma's toes.

 

Our one game was the body wrap



Maliyah chose my most favorite cake EVER! It's a chocolate cake from Fred Meyer and it's to die for. Usually I don't purchase cakes, but this one is SO worth it!




It's crazy to think that my girl is 8. It makes me feel old and I'm not quite sure I'm ready for my baby girl to grow up! Today after church we sat together for 1/2 hour going through her Faith in God booklet. She is SO excited for activity days and although I'm excited for her to be able to go....I'm not ready for her to! She is ready though and very ready to be baptized. We are lucky that we will be in Utah in a few weeks and she will be ale to be baptized there with all our family to witness it!


Maliyah is a very grown up little girl and is such a big helper. I'm so happy to have her in our family. Happy Birthday Maliyah!!

1 comment:

Drew Watts said...

Spa theme party is quite in trend among girls. My aunt gave me responsibility to arrange her anniversary and uncle's retirement event on the same day. It was really challenging for me to combine both themes. But ideas on blogs and posts helped me a lot. And best part was the San Francisco venues booked online at discounted package. I must say everything was managed very well.