Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Friday Lake and Saturday Picnic!

Friday I took the kids up to the Lake at Rainbow Bay. We used to go there lots during the summer but didn't go once last year and this was our first this year. The water was perfect!!! It was a warm day with a bit of a breeze. Emma was a pill. I spent the first half of the time dealing with her and finally wrapped her up put her in the stoller, covered her up and let her cry herself to sleep. I felt bad she was so miserable and I didn't know what else to do for her! She finally did sleep and after waking for a few minutes while we were getting ready to leave she fell asleep again and slept for 4 more hours! When she awoke she ate well and was happy! I get pretty cranky when I haven't had enough sleep either!

I totally got burned by the way. Totally exhausted now by lack of sleep because I was in so much pain last night!



There were I think 7 families from the stake that came up that day. I think that just made it all the better for the kids to have so many friends there!

 



Playing Peek-a-boo!







Later that day I had Emma in the bath and she was lovin' it! I think it was one of the first times I had taken pictures of her in the bath.



She found the washrag and kept sucking on it. I know totally gross...but her belly will eventually find that bath-water. Better get used to it now.

she also LOVES her toes! I'm hoping for her 4 month pictures I can capture that well.

 

Yesterday(saturday) Duck was in a golf Tournament so I had the kids to myself. I had a friend watch the 3 older while I went on a great hilly walk, then we checked out a few yard sales. I got this dresser cabinet thing to use for our dress-ups. I can't wait to put it all together and someday paint it all fun and whimsical!

For dinner we joined Joey and Kimberly again with Joey's Sister, Mom and 2 nephews for a picnic, baseball and 4-wheeling. What a night! It was really nice, not too hot and the kids had a great time! Yay for family activities because I LOVE doing things with my family! (and neglecting my to do list at home)

What happens after a fun day of golf:



Such a cutie patootie!



 





 



Most of the night Savannah was completely content to just sit in the stroller with Emma. Fine with me!

 



 



 

I LOOOVE her big eyes!



Best of Friends!

No comments: