Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week Update 2-20 through 3-6-11

I know, I didn't post last week. I didn't feel like it. And this week I didn't have a lot to post...so didn't feel like it again, but I hate getting behind.....so here it is. Duck is out of town for a few days and that makes me want to be lazy sometimes...then other times it makes me ambitious for a bunch of projects. Mondays and tuesdays though are my busiest...so this time knowing I can't get projects done....it's just making me feel lazy and unmotivated. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel differently!

I need to start writing my updates before I do pictures because usually by the time I'm done posting all the pictures...I'm too tired to write anything else about the week. But there are at least two things I"m remembering that I need to write.

1) two things that Jayden said that were just cute. After naps we were cuddling on the couch and he was just hugging and squeezing my arm. We weren't talking, just sitting there...and then he says "mom, I love you!" Then later he got all excited and started talking about how primary was the best today! I'm so glad that he is starting to enjoy it more, because he sure missed nursery!

2)I was watching the Tab Choir....a rerun I'm sure...but just one of their regular Sunday morning programs. Alex Boye was their soloist that performance and they sang a version of 'He's Got the Whole World In His Hands'. When I hear that song...all I can think about is Rocket man singing it. If you haven't seen the Disney movie Rocketman (not the rocketeer) then you are missing out. It's hilarious! It's a packer family favorite! Anyway in the movie they are flying to Mars and are shooting a TV interview with the President. The president asks the 'rocketman' what it's like up there. He explains how the earth looks like a giant blueberry and then starts to sing 'He's got the Whole World'. It's a comedy, the song is funny, he tries singing it in Japanese, German...it makes me laugh! I have heard the song other times too...but that's what it makes me think of. A dorky astronaut half covered in blue and singing in languages he doesn't know how to speak!

Anyway, so this morning as the Tab Choir started singing the song. It occurred to me for the first time (of course I never even thought about what the song meant) what the song REALLY was about!

The first verse of course sings
'He's got the whole world in his hands'
2nd
He's got the wind and rain in his hands'
3rd
He's got you and me brother, in his hands'
4th
He's got you and me sister, in his hands'

Listening to that beautiful heartfelt version by the Tabernacle Choir...they weren't even done with the first verse and I felt such a love from my Heavenly Father because I knew...that my life was in his hands and he will take care of me! HE is my Heavenly Father! Sometimes things happen that are out of OUR hands, but HE has a plan for us. We might not always know why the plan has to happen the way it's happening...but if we are following HIM....then the purpose of that plan will be carried out and all will be well.

I'm so grateful for the blessings in my life. There is so much we could complain about (and I do complain about) every day...but really when it comes down to it...we have been blessed in more ways than we could count and I want to make efforts to keep remembering those blessings more often!

No comments: