Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day!

This morning was a first for us! We had scones for breakfast. I know, to some of you that might seem like a silly thing, but I grew up in a home where scones was a real treat! But I'm not a baker so it's not something I have done yet. When I saw the idea of heart scones for Valentines I knew it was perfect! Just pop the dough out of the bread maker, cut out some hearts and viola...the kids think they are getting donuts for breakfast! Actually it wasn't all that simple to convince Kyson, but once he finally tried it he loved them of course!

Breakfast menu:
Pink Berry Smoothie
Heart Scones with Pink sugar or Honey
Fresh Strawberries. Yum!



Oh yeah, and the heart swirly straws from Grandma!





For Valentines we don't really go all out with gifts or anything, it's not something expected, but occasionally we will suprise each other with little things. The kids helped me put together a few fun things for Duck

A Cowboys candy tin. The idea here is that once in awhile we can suprise daddy at work and fill his can with something fun!

 

Tic Tacs. Boring I know, but I was trying to work with stuff I had at the house and I saw these on line...way too cute! I didn't get a picture of mine before it got ripped apart, but I saw the idea on another blog and these are the super cute ones she did. Just so you know I did NOT make these ones. And if I remembered where I saw them I would surely link you to her!



A Jelly Belly Question Game (and the flowers on the left on our valentine table were from Duck to me!)



A question for every flavor Jelly Belly. Maybe once we play it I'll post more about it and how it goes!



And then lastly what Duck got for me....this awesome dremel power tool! I (we) are anxious to try it out! Wahoo! I love power tools!


We have more planned this evening that you will just have to wait to hear about later! I'll be in Utah for a few weeks an I'll try to post there, but it's unlikely, so it might be three weeks...sorry!

No comments: