Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Positive Notes Valentine Party

My music party was so fun, but it was a crazy afternoon! I was unaware that my assistant was out of town for a family emergency. Lucky her friend offered to come help, but somehow was unclear of the starting time so I was left to start alone with a curious 2 year old and a fussy 6 months old! Although golly...she sure doesn't look unhappy here!



then Duck had mentioned he would be home to help me out and he was an hour late! So it was a little crazy, but it all worked out and the kids had fun.

Don't Eat Val...the kids LOVE IT! Duh, you get to eat candy.





This little one is my newest student and she is SO dang cute! She reminds me so much of my nephew Aiden it's funny. They just moved into our ward recently and the funniest part is her Dad and I were in the same ward at Ricks college 12 years ago!


]


Rose Petal Relay









Another happy face!



Post the Note, although this time I made my notes heart shape and I got smart and made them magnets. This way the tape won't ruin my board. I wish I had been this smart last time I did this game!





Krew had a hard time going straight!





Maliyah was being a smarty pants and figured she didn't even need to face the board!





Pop the Balloon. Each had a balloon tied around their ankle and had to try to pop everybody elses balloon. The last with a balloon still around their ankle won!


A few other games we played:
Valentine heart walk (just like cake walk, except they get a candy and get to stay in...of course I manipulate the game alittle so everybody gets a candy!)
Pass the heart (pass a heart around the circle until the music stops. When it does the person holding the heart had to either sing a solo or give a compliment. All but two preferred to do the solo!)

I also had little candy goodie bags with cookie card valentines from me, but the cookies didn't really turn out as cute as I had hoped so no pictures. I have to hide my imperfections at least a little.

No comments: