Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Week Update 9-6 through 9-13-09

For the sake of my sanity and time, I'm going to put this whole week into one post. I am getting so behind on things, I don't know how it's happening (hmmm?) but it is, and so therefore there are other things that take precedence over blogging!

Tuesday I really have been looking forward to, for quite some time now. It was my first day teachign Positive NOtes. We had spent awhile now getting everything together, fliers, students, organization, benches, and creating my music room! It was so fun to tear that room apart, although I didn't think to take a picture of the before. We had two large Leather couches that we had to move to somehwere, then moving the piano which made me sore for the next three days! I still have some fun things I want to do to it, but those will have to wait...I'm just excited to have a room all just for our classes!




Kyson had his first week of Preschool this week. It was such a busy week that I had to work on just one day at a time, planning and organizing for that day like mad, then moving to the next. Because of this I didn't get to spend quite the time with him, like we did with Maliyah planning for school, but I think we did pretty good. He got to help me re-decorate his back-pack (another $5.00 wally project!), and then we took pictures that morning before taking maliyah to school. That morning was an adventure as was the morning before when Savannah throws up in her car seat on the way to school. Actually Wednesday it was on the way, thursday was right before we left. But even though it was SO much it leaked out the bottom of the car seat, she fell asleep before I got her out, so she got to take a ride in her puke since Maliyah still had to get to school! I hope she doesn't make this a habit!




This is his Dur face. I don't know how you even spell dur, like duh, but we say dur. It's probably his favorite word!



Friday was our Primary Activity. We had some fun things planned and I think it was a hit! We focused on Back 2 Basics....of the gospel that is! WE had four stations that the kids rotated to with activities relating to some basics of the gospel. I hauled a lot of crap out there for a little obstacle course and in the end it was worth it because the kids had a blast. I can't post pictures of the actual activity, but I have a couple of my kids!




Following the Primary activity at the same park was our Ward BBQ. It was kinda crazy trying to clean up while my kids wanted to run wild and Duck had to help with the cooking, but in the end I think it went well. By the end of the night though I was beat! I got to spend the rest of the nigt preparing for things the next day!

Saturday was the Tulelake Fair in CA. It's the best fair around here and I was glad that we were able to find time to go. They start out wtih a parade, then we headed out to the fair. We let the kids pick one ride. Maliyah must have loved it because of the 10 pictures I took....she was smiling ear to ear in every single one...and looking at me too!


These dresses were the first clothing items I had made matchy for my girls. Honesty these are what started the madness all in the first place. I got hooked!



Last week for family Home evening we had a lesson about the flag, respect for it and what we do when it's presented/posted etc. So this was the first time Maliyah really had a chance with this knowledge to put her hand over her heart! She was so excited about it too! (At the parade)



My friend Rilee's little girl. She has the most beautiful eyes ever! and you can see my pink shirt reflecting in the blue!




3 comments:

Brook said...

Your children always look adorable!! Will come to Washington and dress mine? I also want to know where you got your benches for your classes. I am teaching music classes too and trying to fit 13 kids on my folding chairs each hour. I would love some benches like that!!

Dixie Packer said...

great looking music room

Hunsaker said...

what a fun music room! where did you put the couches? can't wait to see you guys!