Welcome to our blog!

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bye Grandma, fun painting, and DEmolition!

Thursday morning, very early, my mom, Brent, Shal and their kids headed back to Utah. I was sad to see them go. I was very grateful that they would make such efforts to come all the way out here to see us. It really meant a lot to us, and even to my kids. Maliyah, since making that trip to Utah so much, really appreciates when others do the same. She is aware of how long they have to drive, what a sacrifice it is, and she really appreciates it too.

Janine was really great to just let Thursday be a day to hang out. She helped me out with chores, cooking, crafts with kids, and we just enjoyed the day without it being way too crazy. Duck also took the three oldest to a Demo Derby that night. It was so fun for the kids to go and do something exciting and it was great for the rest of us gals to have a break! WE put the baby boys to bed early, rented a movie and enjoyed our quiet evening. (that is until the every excited derby watchers came home!)

I don't have many pictures of the kids doing their art project, most of them were on Janines camera, but here are a few. Oh, and then the last two were from the Derby. I'm just trying to be grateful my husband remembered to take ANY pictures!







No comments: