Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Memorial Day 5-25-09

We had such a fun memorial day! We hadn’t made any huge plans, nor did we plan anything with anyone else, but I knew I wanted to make it a fun day. We decided previously we would of course BBQ that night, but then also take the kids on a REAL bike ride. Duck and I don’t have bikes, but the kids do and don’t really get to “ride” them because we are limited to our drive way. There are too many hills around that make it too difficult. Anyway we decided that’s what we wanted to do Monday morning so we drove to a nearby park that has a paved trail running behind it and let the kids at it! Jade of course in the stroller, and Kyson decked out in all his new birthday Gear!

The kids did really good considering how far we went. We finished up back at the park with a picnic lunch. It really was so fun and I’m so glad we decided to do that together!

After the kids had some great naps (oh and me too!), we let the kids play out in the sprinklers while I started getting food ready for our dinner. WE last minute decided to invite some friends over for dinner and I’m so glad we did…it was great having them here! Anyway, Grandma Duck had sent kyson a bunch of water guns for his birthday and the kids had a blast playing with those out in the water.

After dinner we set off a few smoke bombs. The idea was to have some snaps for the kids but guess what? Every store was out of them! Craziness! So although I hate smoke bombs and I don’t know if it was even legal for us to use them, we set some off and the kids thought it was cool! It was a great day to spend some time together as a family and let the kids have fun with us since usually life is too busy to do FUN things. (at least that’s what Maliyah tell me!)
















Our Friends little girl Jillian





No comments: