Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Idaho Falls! 4-17-09






Okay, so Thursday during naps I drove to Idaho Falls. By this point in the trip I was getting pretty tired and just even driving the 2 ½ hours to IF was pretty hard for me, but with my Sunflower seeds by my side I made it!

In IF is my very dear friend Jenny Jensen whom we met when we lived in Alaska, and her husband AJ and two super cute kids Brooklyn and Isaac. Maliyah and B are little buddies and have been since they were born, it’s so fun to see them still get together occasionally and love being together! Isaac is Jaydens age and is sooo his daddy’s little boy! Except with red hair….fire red hair that I’m so jealous of! The kids up to this point had done really well sleeping at night, feeling comfortable in homes they had not beein in before and with people they didn’t know, and at Jenny’s was no different. They made themselves right at home and enjoyed the time to play with friends. Jayden decided he wanted to throw me for a loop and be a pill at night time. He was so bad that for the first time in his baby life time (seriously) he spent the whole night with me. Never before had this been done, even for half a night! It was weird for me, and even weirder still trying to get him to go to sleep in bed with me, but once he fell asleep he did okay.

We just spent the one night in IF as I had to get to Layton by Friday afternoon to prepare for the baby shower we had planned for Shalamar on Saturday! I was sad to leave Jenny so soon, it was so great to be there and visit with them and re-aquaint myself with her beautiful children. Thanks Jenny so much for everything, I really appreciate you opening your home to us!

This is her cute little Isaac:


Photobucket


Maliyah and Brooklynn

Photobucket









The sun was right in their faces and they were so funny each time I tried to take this picture!
I told them all to close their eyes and when I count to three open....this was brooklyn trying her best to pry those eyes open!


We arrived in Layton Friday afternoon (again during kids naps was when we drove, that sure worked out really well each time!). Although my kids were really excited to be there and to see Grandma….they couldn’t wait until my sister Janine got there, Aunt Neenie! She is seriously their favorite! (besides me of course!)

Janine and I just spend the evening, especially once kids were in bed, getting ready for the shower the next day. We had so much fun just being together, but then doing something we love to do….putting on a party! We love craftiness, decorating, and just trying to do whatever with our little bit of creativity and it was a fun night, even if it was waaaaay too late for me especially after a week of traveling!

No comments: