Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Drivin' to Burley! 4-15-09

Wednesday we were going to head out to go to Burley to visit my Grandparents but first we made a stop in Nampa to see a friend from College. Marta lives there with her husband and two kids. We were lunch ladies together at Ricks and it was so wonderful to see her again after almost 10 years! Thanks for letting us come visit Marta! I look forward to it again and hopefully longer next time!

I drove to Burley while kids napped then got to visit Grandma and Grandpa Wood briefly before going to dinner at my cousin Angie’s house. The thing you have to know is my mom has a sister with 12 kids, yes 12 all from once marriage, no twins and no adopted. They are living all over the world literally so I don’t get to see very many of them very often! Becky is one of those as is Angie. The cool part was, dinner at Angie’s also included their sister Samantha and her husband and daughter, their sister Rachel and her boyfriend, and two brothers Alex and Adam. Honestly I don’t think I have spent time with more harpers at one time for over 10 years!!! It was so great and so much fun and I really appreciate them doing the dinner and all coming out to spend some time together. It was truly such an honor to be there with all you guys! Thanks too Angie for sharing your beautiful house and family with us, it was wonderful!

We only spent the one night in Burley, but had until after lunch time before we were leaving so we enjoyed a lovely breakfast and lunch with Grandma and Grandpa Wood before heading onto our next destination. Thanks so much for having us Gma And Gpa, it was so great to see you guys! My kids love you!

OH! I almost forgot one very important piece of info! When we arrived in Burley on Wednesday we got a call that my sister-in-law Shalamar was in the hospital and going to have her baby! It was nearly 3 weeks early so we were so surprised! Being there for this baby was the main event for this trip so we were kinda bummed we were missing it, but soooo excited to be able to get to Layton that weekend and see little Olivia!

Nap time



Kyson cooking dinner with Angie





















Alex, Angie, Adam



Adam, me, Angie, Samantha, Rachel, & Alex
(oh and the kiddos of course!)

Photobucket

No comments: