Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Easter 2009

We had a really fun Easter weekend although it was crazy busy trying to get caught up with EVERYTHING after being sick, arranging primary for while I’ll be gone, and packing for our trip to Utah!

On Saturday the 11th, we decorated easter eggs and had an easter egg hunt in our backyard. We had considered doing one with some friend in the area but the weather wasn’t promising and we didn’t want the kids disappointed. So we did our own. The weather turned out great, the kids had a wonderful time and I was glad we didn’t do it on Sunday because it just allowed us more time to enjoy eachother and a little relaxing on Easter Sunday.


One thing I love to do for Easter is try to get pictures of my kids in their Easter Outfits. When it was just the two of them in Alaska church was early and it was easy to just dress them up one day and get the pictures before the actual day. But that becomes more of a pain as kids get older, dirtier and as we have more, so I try to just do it before church. Well the last two years the weather has been awful or we have been late for church or whatever so it’s been two years since have had good Easter pictures. But not this year! I planned on having meetings that morning which were cancelled so I had extra time. I was able to take a ton of pictures and actually got a couple of all three kids smiling. NO editing or swapping heads in these pictures!

Coloring Easter EGgs!











kickin it after his eggs were done.







Don't ask me why Maliyah isn't smiling....maybe cause she had to sit too close to her brother?


Photobucket


All the pictures of egg hunting are of Jade because I was keeping an eye on him and I had the camera!









Photobucket





Once Jayden figured out there was candy in the eggs he was in heaven. Only he didn't eat the candy....he inhaled it!
















Photobucket


Sunday morning easter baskets!















Easter Dress Pictures
Photobucket

Photobucket



I tried something kinda new in Maliyah's hair and it turned out really fun! Just twists, no braiding or anything, and all the way around her head instead of just the top half. It stayed in really tight too!















My handsome Jade.



The rarest moment....getting all three kids looking at the camera and smiling at the same time!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your kids are just so dang cute! Great pictures, and I love the outfits.