Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Fabulous News!! 3-5-09

I'm moving this post up to be in order wtih our events, but also to share a little bit more about the trip to the hospital for my ultrasound.

First of all Maliyah has just been dying, hoping that it was going to be a girl. She loves babies, and she loves her brothers, but golly she just wanted a baby sister. Every day, especially this week that my sister was here, at least somebody among the boys would have something matching on (were sisters....we shop together, and we have boys the same sizes!). Every time that would happen she would get all sad and say:

"I just hope it's a girl so I can have somebody matchy in pink with me!"

She talked about having a girl all the time. So I decided to let her be the only one to come with use to the ultrasound. (not to mention the idea of two 3 year olds and two 1 year olds with us didn't seem to fabulous to me.) That morning though I did ask her what if it's a boy? And this was her reply:

"sigh....I just don't know what I would do!"

She was so excited, and knew this was such a special thing. She was GIDDY! As soon as the tech said she thinks it's a girl, Maliyah just had a huge grin on her face. She loved seeing the tiny feet and hands and toes and fingers and seeing the baby's face. The baby was super active and that was fun for Maliyah to see her tiny hand waving and moving by her face. It was really super fun to have her experience that!

We decided to let her tell the boys, so as soon as we had them in the car with us she announced to them that it was a girl!


Some say pictures are worth 1,000 words, but this one is worth at least 3.....



It's A GIRL!!!

I had to quickly add: As I was showing Maliyah this picture we realized it's the first picture of us three girls together! How special!

24 comments:

Dixie Packer said...

YAY! congratulations!

Karman said...

Conratulations!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you - 2 girls and 2 boys! How perfect! Is that a
3D pic of the baby?

Kristy said...

Wahoo! I bet Maliyah is sooo excited! She'll be the best little mommy! I hope you're doing well. Congrats!

Warrior Princesa said...

congratulations!!! that's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melissa and Luke said...

Congratulations! I am jealous. I just found out that we are having our third boy. I don't know how you got so lucky to have 2 of each. oh well. I love my boys. Wouldn't trade them for anything. The next one will be fun too. :)

natalie said...

Congrats! sisters are the best.

jamieschip said...

Just got goosebumps. How exciting! Two beautiful girls with amazing hair. ;) Congrats, Camille! By the way, do you know when in April you will be visiting? Allison said she is up for a trip to Gardner Village so it's on!

Katie and Bryson said...

What a cute way to tell! Congrats :)

matt and brynnzie said...

Apparently we are still on the same pattern between the four of us. You were right!! Congrats, I am excited for all of you. 2 and 2 is so fun. I hope that I get to see you in April. We should set something up with the other girls sooner.

Amy said...

Congratulations!!! We're adopting a little girl this summer too! She's due the first part of June!

-Laura- said...

Congrats!!! How fun to have 2 of each!

Mike and Megan said...

Congrats!!!!!

Jaime said...

Oh Camille, I am so happy for you! And for Maliyah cause she is gonna have so much fun with a sister!!
Great picture of you both, I mean three, by the way!!

tawny said...

Camille... CUTE post...how exciting for you! Another girl.. I am so jealous. Hey your family is so adorable and it is so fun to see all of your pics...! It looks like you are the cutest mom ever!

I have a blog too.. www.tawnyandryan.blogspot.com
I've been blogging for about 5 or 6 months..it's somewhat addicting and fun, BUT it definitely takes up time! anyways, so fun to see you!

Warrior Princesa said...

definately call me anytime you need a babysitter!!!!

Herways Go West said...

Fabulous. And what a fabulous pictures as well. Congrats.

Samantha said...

Oh my gosh-that is SOO exciting! Now you'll have two of both! I'm soo happy for your family (: Love ya!

becky gomez said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited for you!

Kelly said...

That's great!!! I'm excited for you!! and that picture is darling! Camille you look so good. I love it! Congratulations!!

Carrie said...

Yeah! Another girl, I bet Maliyah is so excited! Congratultions.

The Terry's said...

Congrats Camille!

The Duckworth Family said...

Hey Everybody! thanks for your congrats and sweet words. We really are super excited! We took Maliyah with us to the ultrasound which I'll share about more in a future post. Thanks again...love you all!

La said...

Congrats!!! I sure that she will be beautiful!

Shalamar said...

What a fun week! I'm so glad Mayliah (and the boys) will have a new baby sister. It's totally the year of the girl and it's about time our family started getting more girls! Love ya