Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Craftiness and Baby Shower 3-18-09

Wednesday night the Young Women threw a suprise Birthday party for one of their leaders. I decided to let Maliyah come since she is so into babies right now but especially girl babies! It was a nice day so we decided to walk to the church but loaded up on the gloves and scarves for the walk back! Below are picutres of our gift items and us!

That day though I had to change out the display at the GF so I went through and pulled out my Easter items i made for the store last year and decided I needed at least one more thing. So with maliyah's help we quickly pulled together this little door hanger sign below:






Of course Maliyah loved it becuase of the colors, and the words, and the rainbow colored ribbon. In her words: "it's just beautiful mom!"


And the following were last years crafts that didn't get sold then:

















This lady whom the shower is for has two boys, a 16 year old and a 4 year old. So we are of course all super thrilled that she is having a girl. NOt to mention she needs anything and everything! Well girl items are my speciality so I had fun creating this gift for her.
I had a Gymboree summer Shirt that I made these things to match:
A pink crocheted headband with bow



Matching bracelet of course and a white blessing one (or for just any occasion).


And this was the gift bag and card that we had fun decorating. I saw this idea on line and I totally love using it. I wish I could even remember where I saw the idea, but basically you cut out circle shapes (totally not perfect ones) and crumple them. Then just layer and attach with whatever in the middle. I especially love using papers from all different souces, scrapbooking, wrapping paper, shiny gift bag paper.....the more different the better!

Maliyah super excited about the balloons she got to bring home and the gift we got from winning one of the baby shower games!

Just us girls....or as Maliyah always puts it: "Just us three girls!"


3 comments:

The Terry's said...

Camille you are THE most creative person I have ever met, and for that reason am I INSANELY jealous. You need to teach me some skills girl! You really are amazing though and I just want to cry and laugh and pee my pants all at the same time whenever I see your little crafty things. AHHH I love you! I am coveting, this is no good! :S

The Duckworth Family said...

Sav, you are way too crazy! Just surf a few other crafty blogs and you will see I'm still a beginner amongst other amazing crafters! How as Hawaii? I have been dying to hear bout it!

Dixie Packer said...

it is so cute to hear how excited maliyah is to have a little sister