Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Update week 2-15 through 2-22


So, there really isn't tonz to say about this week. Duck got home from Reno Monday afternoon, then was busy Wednesday and Thursday night, and after the way the kids have been behaving (more mentioned below) I really was in need of a break by the weekend! I did get out a little, late wednesday I got to run some errands, then Friday night I had a craft night for church and was able to be out, although it was way past my bedtime!



This craft night was supposed to be an appreciation night for our teachers, but the relief society was going to do a craft for enrichment, so we just combined. We just made simple magnet boards, similar to the one pictured, and it was really fun. Although

I had help with the cutting and routing of all the wood, for some reason the most work comes just putting all the crap together, hauling it somewhere, cleaning it up and hauling it all back. I really wanted to have it at my house, but was afraid any sisters that might have wanted to come just to chat would have ended up at the church, so we had it there. But I think next time if at all possible, my house it will be. It's just so much easier, then I have everything I need right in the next room! The boards created that night turned out really cute and as soon as I get mine done (I totally was lazy and sat around the whole night!) I'll post pictures, they are turning out cute so far!



Saturday morning we had a breakfast at the church with the missionaries, my presidency and some other families. It wasn't a fabulous turn out, but we had fun with who was there. I wasn't having a fabulous morning unfortunately so I just cooked pancakes which allowed me a little quiet time to think. It turned out good though, as far as the food and everything coming together so that was nice.


Really not much else happened this week. We were super lazy on sAturday, ignoring all the saturday jobs I wanted to get done, and just drove around, ran some errands, skipped kids naps altogether so we coudl put them to bed early and enjoy a date night. And luckily the no nap thing didn't backfire, they DID go to bed early and we did get to enjoy a movie together. WE watched REturn to me, which is an old favorite of ours. If you haven't seen it, I totally recommend it!

This next week we have lots going on and my sister Janine will be coming yay! But since she will be here, I'll probalby wait two weeks to post. Have a wonderful week everyone!

No comments: