Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve was really fun. As much as I still had do to before we left for Utah the next day, I knew I wanted to have fun with the kids that day. So I completely my to do’s for up to that day and when Duck got home from work early we went outside to play in the snow. We had already made some Christmas crafts, wrapped a few last minute presents, and were ready for Santa to come. The kids were super excited for sledding and just had a blast being out there. Jayden was in love and didn’t want to get off the sled. Duck had Jade strapped into the infant sled and the other two on a longer one. He would pull them up the drive way and since it wasn’t very steep, had to run them back down! It was work out for Duck, but the kids had a blast. I had to ditch the fun early to get started on our Christmas dinner, (duh I’m a woman….why is that?) Anyway I wasn’t feeling super fabulous and the smell of the food wasn’t super great either, so I made it simple, but really Ham is simple anyway.

Later that night we had our Nativity story. It was the first year I felt the kids were old enough to actually kinda act it out! Maliyah had fun, Kyson loved playing with his sheep (he was a shepherd) and Duck was great to act out every other part in between from Mary’s Donkey to the Angel while I narrated! It was fun though a tradition I hope to carry on!

Duck and I got the kids off to bed at a decent hour and were able to get to bed fairly early as well! I was so grateful for a special Santa friend who already set up the kitchen set for us, saving us about 2 hours of time!



Playing in the snow while it's snowing!









Dad is such a trooper while mom stands by and watches!



We got to kind of talk to my brother Jordan who is on his mission in Japan. He called my parents house and I listened through my mom's cell phone. They couldn't have me on speaker so I didn't really get to be part of any of the conversation, but it was sure fun to listen!



The kids always get to open two presents on Christmas Eve. One is a new ornament, and then their new Christmas Jammies.



1 comment:

Kelly said...

I forgot that Jordan was in Japan! That's great you "kind of" got to talk to him. I am behind on reading your blog but I just got caught up and love all your posts! Congratulations on #4! WOW! SO exciting! I hope you're feeling good. You're probably not though... you're such a great mom. Its so nice to be able to peek into your life through the internet! I love you!