Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekly UPdate 10/20/08 - 10/26/08

This week was a really good week. I felt as though every day I got my list of things done, spent lots of time with the kids and yet wasn't so busy that I felt crazy. I know I'll start feeling it soon though as more things are coming up. Besides the activities posted below I spent all day Saturday making costumes and today we had Stake Conference. As mentioned last week Maliyah will be a princess and we found her dress. I still though had to create crown, shoes and wand to match. We found a crown to match in her dress-ups, added little flowery bow things on her church shoes, and then made a really cute wand. Easy peezy. Then Kyson, our Knight. Eveything mostly made from Card board. We looked at some pictures on line, Ky helped me pick out some designs, then we got busy drawing and cutting cardboard. We painted things silver and gold and for themost part it went well. Maliyah helped me with a lot of it which was really fun. When Ky saw his sword and sheild he got really excited. But later when I got the Breast Plate/shield ready to try one, he didn't really love it. I think it was pretty uncomfortable. Which was a bummer after I spent so much time working on it! I'm going to use Maliyah as my model from now on and see if we can't make adjustements. HOpefully tuesday I can get his Helmet done and then we are ready for Trunk or treat!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Wow, you posted a lot! Your coast trips looks so cool, I'm glad the kids had so much fun. It was so fun seeing you in some of the pictures, love you!!!