Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Other Random things this week

I didn't even notice this picture until I edited it tonight, but these are the missionaries glasses! I don't even know who took this picture....silly girl. This was actually the day of our Primary Program which went really well! and I guess I should have put this picture last then to keep in order, but anyway, the program went well, all but one kid said their parts and could be understood. Maliyah was awesome and I could totally hear her singing from the front row. Way to go 4th ward Primary!




This is a Pumpkin I carved out of wood and painted for a game we played in Primary. We actually did all kinds of pumpkin games for that day. It was just to be a fun day since they had worked so hard for the program. This pumpkin was for pin the nose on the jack o lantern. The music lady did that so had face pieces for it.
Then I had sharing time. I got an email from a friend talking about why a christians are like pumpkins. It was a really cute email and I changed it a bit to be why being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is like being a Pumpkin. I changed the story and made it into a poem to help talk about the process, then we sang I belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It turned out so good and the kids were totally into it! Especially the cleaning out the guts and carving the face. Of course I had it all pre-done so it would go quickly and it was quite fun! Here is the poem:
Becoming a member
of the true church of God.
Is like being a Pumpkin
and it really isn’t hard.

God picks us from the patch
And brings us into the fold
Through baptism by immersion
We become clean as gold

He then carves us a face
With a smile big and bright
And through the gift of the Holy Ghost
The world can see our light.


I have more close up pictures on my other blog. Click on the picture if you would like to see.

I recently posted a recipe on my sister-in-laws recipe blog and these are the pictures I took of the food we had made for it. Click on the pictures to get to that blog and recipe.
Gioza



Chinese Chicken Salad

No comments: