Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Preschool - insects and bugs

I hosted Preschool again at my house this week and we talked about bugs and insects. The kids loved this although I think itwould have been WAY better closer to summer when we could actually go out and find bugs, but we still had fun!

The color was Blue so Jayden helped me make blue kool-aid sparkle playdough for all the kids to take home. They played for 1/2 hour and I had to pull them away from it! They loved it! I got the recipes for the playdough here.





I made this matching game with butterflies. I think we played it 3 times. It was super easy to make because I just cut regular shapes with the cricut (hearts for the wings, oval bodies, and circle heads then drew the antennae) then glued them together, then cut the cards in half. Even my kids later played it about 4 more times!



These butterflies were made by tracing the kids feet for the wings! I would have used toilet paper rolls covered in paper for the body, but I didn't prepare enough in advance so I just rolled up construction paper. The ones the kids made actually had googly eyes and then twisty pipe cleaner that I glued inside the black tube...they looked a lot better.



They had so much fun with all the other things we did (including reading this super cute book about 20 times! My kids have been asking me to ready it to them constantly!) that we didn't have time for the next craft but I sent all the stuff home. It's a ladybug made out of hearts! Then they had paper bags to glue them on to make puppets. I made them with my kids after and they turned out pretty cute.



The boys were matchy that day so I had to capture their matchiness! I love that they like to match cause i know it won't always be the case!

1 comment:

Aandwsmom said...

Love the butterfly match game! I am so "borrowing" that for my daycare! We have bugs year-round because I just LOVE bugs!LOL
But we do lots of bug hunting in Spring and early Summer, many of our walks involve that!

Katrina
Happy Homeschooling Mom of 2 in Oregon since 2008