Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday, the 8th, Duck and I celebrated our 8th anniversary. We haven't done anything really exciting to celebrate in a long time so I figured it was about time. And it's mostly my fault. Duck usually plans these big extravagant things, which then I don't dare let happen because I'm too much of a tight wad and there are too many other places that money could go!

So this year I wanted to surprise him and plan something! The only problem is I don't have any money! So, last minute I put together a hair and bow class. Something I have been wanting to do for years, but never have the push to do it. Well this was my push! I had the classes Thursday night, a day before we had our date! It was totally crazy in the planning, I'm still unpacking (pathetic i know) but the classes were fun, great turn outs, and I got the money I needed to fulfill my plans for our Anniversary!

I also have to thank our fantastic friends who were all so willing to help out with kids and especially those who DID take the kids! I feel blessed to know we have such great friends here in Klamath falls, we truly truly appreciate it!

WE left early Friday afternoon, got lunch at NOrth Shore...a Hawaiian place I have been dying to try! It was the first time I had REALLY eaten meat since my oral surgery and OH-MY-GOSH! it was so fantastic and so good!

Then we headed up to Ashland to play! It's such a cute town, with totally crazy people, but fun things to do and see! WE walked around downtown, looking at all the art, in and out of shops, enjoying the divine treats.



The Chocolate Factory calls this little treat "The Avalanche"



Trying to read the map (it was upside down)



We at dinner at this super yummy Italian place in honor of my brother Austin arriving in Italy this week. We love you Anziano Packer!

(I totally would recommend eating here and very reasonably priced!)



We went to see this Musical Comedy at the Cabaret Theater and it was hilarious! I'm glad we found it!





Tiny, quaint, too easy to miss driving down the street, but way cute motel we stayed in.



Saturday we met up with our friends, Tyler and Amy Seaver to attend the temple. It was a wonderful morning in the temple and I was very grateful that we were able to make that happen. I wish we had more opportunity to go! We then went out to Olive Garden afterwards. it was so fun to go...like we were all on a date! Lol, we have done lots together, but never the four of us without kids and it was so fun! We'll have to do that more often!

It was a wonderful fantastic weekend with the love of my life and I hope to keep sharing this special date with him for the rest of my life!
I love you Duck!

No comments: