Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, December 6, 2009

POsitive Notes Performance

This recent Friday was our Ward Christmas Party. They were having a talent show and I had been asked if my Positive Notes classes would come and sing. It was something optional I just threw out to the parents, wasn't sure who all was coming, but they all did! I then remembered the aprons and vests my mom had made for her classes like 25 years ago and asked her if she still had them.....SHE DID!! I had her mail them out to me and I"m SOOOO glad she did because they were so stinkin cute in them! I didn't have enough for everybody, but the vests would have been too small for the Senior boys anyway, so I had Black ties for them.

All the kids did such a great job and sang really well. We only did three of our songs, but I think it was a great practice for our recital!












I didn't have any other pictures of that night, but I have to tell you about it! I had signed up Kyson for the Talent show. His talent was inspired by my cousins boy who participated in our Family Reunion variety show last year. (Thanks Dan and Lara for the fabulous idea!) We put some individually wrapped little debbie snacks in Zip lock baggies. Duck introduced that Ky had taken T-ball this past year and wanted to show his skills. So duck would hold the baggie by the corner and Kyson would hit it out into the Audience! Duck had asked the little kids to come and sit in front and a few did, but after he hit the first treat out...there was a stampede of kids to the stage! I was a little worried someone was going to get hurt, but it ended up awesome! Kyson was beaming and just absolutely loved it and I think the ward did too!

Then last week I was at Maliyah's school and all the gals from church kindergarten and 1st grade were out with us hoola hooping and I got this idea that it would be fun to have a HOola Hoop group at the Talent Show. So we got permission and borrowed Hoola Hoops (thansk Jamies!) from the School, got some music (I like to move it move it from Madagascar{thanks Jamie again!}) and started out with the kindergarten girls....then switched to the two older girls, then ended up with all 7 girls. They are all pretty good hoola hoopers...with a variety of skills, around the arm, knees, waist, neck, jumping while hooping, turning while hooping and using the hoop to jump rope. It was a HIT! The whole GYM was loud with music, screams and clapping and the girls were just having a blast. I was SO glad that we decided to do that...something I don't think those girls will ever forget....I"m just so sad we didn't get ANY pictures! Maybe next year!

No comments: