Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Weekly Update 8-23- through 8-30-09

Last week, at this point is almost a blur. I’m tired, I can’t think straight and I’m having computer problems, so…instead of giving last week it’s own page full of posts, I’m going to cover the basics, only add a couple of photos then move onto this week.

The highlight of last week was being able to go with Duck on his business trip to Redmond, which is just North of Bend. The kids and I got to go shopping, play at the hotel and eat fabulously at Applebees while Duck worked! The next day, Friday Duck finished work early so we took the kids miniature golfing. We don’t have miniature golf here, so for Kyson and Jayden it was a new adventure! They loved it though.

girl with funky socks when we were shopping, I HAD to take a picture....you don't see this every day



Kiddo's being silly in the HOtel room. They LOVE staying at hotels.








This golf Course had some really pretty scenery. I had fun experimenting with my camera.





We stopped at this Reindeer Farm called Operation Santa Clause.



Then while kids’ napped, we drove down to Collier Park, just about 30 minutes from home, and camped. Initially that was the plan anyway, to go camping, but then Duck remembered about helping with the Redmond store inventory. Collier is very pretty and it was a nice camping area. There were a million chipmonks that became the highlight of the kids’ camping experience since they were eating out of their hands!

The worse part about camping was the bee attack! I took the kids on a little walk while Duck was working on Dinner when a bee started to disturb me. I swatted at it and it few behind me getting into my hair. When it finally flew away from me I saw it go behind Maliyah then she screamed it bit my bum! I yelled at Duck to come help since at that point there was another one around me and Savannah who was in my belly in the baby carrier. Duck tried swatting it out for me and it stung me on the chest, luckily not Savannah, then Jayden screams and there is one on his arm stinging him! At that point Duck had had it, grabbed Jayden and said to the other kids run! After that all was good (minus the un-eaten dinner due to so many bees trying to devour it as well). But I had never been stung in my life and that thing hurt me through the night! Even two days later at church the area was sensitive. Luckily it didn’t bother Jayden or Maliyah much at all. Yay…fun adventures!











Baby Girls first time camping!




We were able to make it home, do our Saturday business, clean up from Camping and get a sitter so Duck and I could go on a date! I left Savannah with the sitter for the first time! Although she pretty much just slept the whole time.

Sunday I tried a new recipe for a chicken marinade and it turned out awesome! I’m so excited to use it again, I’m tempted to keep a mix of the seasonings pre made to make it easier. If you want the recipe go to my sister-in-laws recipe blog here. I also have loved lately grilled shrimp, just a little garlic salt and they are fabulous! We have also been eating fresh pears up the wazoo since I got about 36 pounds from the Pear Farm in Medford. They are so fresh, and sweet and juice I eat 2-3 a day! I also am posting a recipe for a pear cranberry salad I have been making lately that is too good too. It makes me want to have these fresh pears all year long! I also tried a pear cobbler that proved to be irresistible. The greatest part too was that it was made in the crock pot!





We made Rice Crispy treats. The boys vs. the girls. Duh, the girls won.





2 comments:

Warrior Princesa said...

sounds like you had one heck of an adventurous weekend!!! do continue to call anytime. :)your kids are beautiful!

Dixie Packer said...

i can't believe all three of you were stung. ouch!