Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Ward Softball and Barbeque! 5-29-09

Friday night was our Ward Softball BBQ. I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to do with the kids all night as I knew Duck would want to play softball and I wasn’t about to spend my whole night chasing around bored kids, but we managed. I did bring the kid’s t-ball set which helped for a little while, but the kids really had just been looking forward to being with Dad all day and they really wanted him. Being so, he really didn’t get to play a lot of softball, but enough that people on Sunday were still talking about a catch that he made! I had a good time chasing kids around, trying to keep them from walking out to the middle of the field and of course chatting with the other women. The weather was really nice, not too hat and the location was beautiful. It was a Baseball field from OIT (Oregon Institue of Tech{I think!}) and it was way up on a hill overlooking the lake. Really really pretty. Towards the end there was some lightening and some pretty heavy clouds so I didn’t care to stay long enough to see how close that lightening would get to that open field up on the hill. WE left just in time for it to start raining. Then we came home and watched the storm from the back deck under a big beach umbrella. It was a fun night and fun to just be together doing something as a family.

This picture is all my fault. When I was in college I always had my mouth open with food in soooo many pictures and I introduced the idea to KY.




Maliyah and her friends enjoying the plethera of cookies that were there!






No comments: