Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hotel? What hotel? 4-2-09

This week Duck was helping the Medford store with inventory (he has done this the past two year) and the kids and I joined him. The kids, Maliyah in particular, has been talking about staying at a hotel for months now (apparently we are over due) and so they were pretty stoked about going. After sitting around at Hertz forever we finally could get on with our night! Duck had to work right away and it was getting late so I took the kids to dinner. Their choice: Red Lobsters. Yup, my kids have expensive taste. Actually for that kind of restaurant I do pretty good. We kept it under $20.00. Still pricey for a dinner for me, since we could do little Ceasars for $5.00, but we have to splurge and have something special once in awhile!

After checking into the Hotel (which Kyson was curious about all afternoon why we hadn’t done this yet!) I got the kids ready to go swimming. I wasn’t sure how I was going to do this with three kids that don’t know how to swim, but it worked out pretty good! It wasn’t the first time either. It was actually last year when we came to this same hotel for inventory I took all three swimming, but then I didn’t get in, I made the two older just play on the steps while I sat on the edge and let Jade splash his feet in the water.

This time though it was full submersion! I finally found suits that fit me (yes I have to wear two to cover all showing body parts!) and then got a swim floater thing for Jayden so I didn’t have to have him in arms at all time. The water was FREEZING!! Honestly if I didn’t have to get in, I didn’t want to, but I had to. Maliyah also has a swimsuit thing with floatie inserts, kinda like a life jacket, and she did awesome with that all on her own! The kids had a blast even though it was short lived! It was too cold jayden was shaking pretty quickly so we enjoyed the last five minutes in the hot tub then headed back to our room for special treats and a new movie! It was an exhausting evening on my own, not only being 22 weeks prego, but still feeling really sick, but I was really glad the kids had a good time.




1 comment:

Kelly said...

Kyson looks just like your little brothers!!!