Welcome to our blog!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentines 2-12-09

This Valentine weekend has been a little different than our normal Valentines, and even other than what I had planned, but the kids and I still had a really good time. Duck was gone for the weekend so it was just us four. Thursday we had a playgroup at the kids museum here in town then a Valentine Party. We had never been to the museum before and it was actually really fun. I probably would prefer to not have Jayden next time, unless Duck came with us, but Maliyah and Ky had a good time. Maliyah was really into trying out all the experiments and seeing how everything worked. Kyson pretty much spent the whole time with the Train sets! Go figure.

The Party was really fun, a little hectic in a small nursery room with 10 moms and 16 kids, but I was really happy that we did that for Maliyah and Kyson. WE had lunch, then decorated cookies. They had set up a craft for each kid to make their valentine bag, then we swapped valentines. Both kids were way excited to do the valentine exchange all morning since they helped me make ours. Thanks April for setting it up it was really fun and I appreciate all your efforts in putting that together!


The rest of our Valentine weekend was different, not having Dad around but he did manage to at least take me out Friday night before he left! Thanks Duck.

Saturday was actually our ward Temple day and the closest temple is in Medford 2 hours away driving in weather. I also had Jaydens 15 month pictures to get done, so we headed out at 7:30 in the morning so we could get our day done! Jades pictures turned out super cute and hopefully I will have the email of the pictures to post in a few days. The ward had arranged for the youth to watch the kids while the adults went to the temple, and then we switched and the youth went in. I finished early and while the youth were still doing Baptisms took the kids out to lunch. Jayden actually stayed behind at the church to take a nap! Lately a favorite for the kids has been Red Lobster because they get to touch the real lobsters. So we spoiled ourselves and had a really fun lunch out just the three of us. The pictures I took were on my phone and I don’t know how to get them off yet…if I do I’ll add them here!

The drive home was really long and I was really tired! After being up late the night before, up at 5 am, and not getting a nap….I was having a hard time getting home! Luckily we had a couple of youth drive home with us so that helped me stay awake.

When we got home we had our friends Kimberly and Payton over for a little Valentine party. This was what the kids had been waiting for all day. We dipped strawberries in chocolate, made a couple of valentine crafts, played games, ate more junk, then played. It was mostly a relaxing evening which was perfect because I was exhausted!

The best part of the kids Valentine (and my worst!) came between the hours of midnight and 2:00 am! I had finally gotten the kids to bed (well in the family room for a sleepover) around 10:30 and then put myself to bed. I had Jayden upstairs in the crib in my room with me with the door open so I could hear the kids in the Family Room. About midnight I could hear them talking so I came out and to my dismay they were still awake and chatting! I scolded them and told them to go to sleep or they would go downstairs. I went back to bed happy they hadn’t woken Jade. Then around 2:00 am I hear noise again. I go out in the family room and found the TV on, candy wrappers all over the floor, games out, coloring books and paint, spilled water on the floor, the diaper bag torn apart and all the food out of it eaten! They had totally had a party while I slept! Again I was surprised and happy that Jade had slept through it all, but couldn’t believe they had done this! Well the rest of my morning was as eventful but I”ll end here….I guess I should just be glad that I got some rest and slept through it all! Wish I had pictures of their little Party!

Jade at the Museum



Playing Grocery Store



The train Table








This showed how our body produces electic output or something like that.




















Although I was disgusted that Jayden was putting this fruit in his mouth, I was happy it got him to hold still for two seconds so I could take a picture!



Decorating cookies



Kyson made his so fast he was almost done eating it before the other kids were even done decorating!



Although you can't tell from this picture and of course I forgot to get one of just the hair do, Maliyah's hair is pony-tailed in the shape of a heart.







Sporting their newly made Valentine Bags







2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love her hair do! I think you should do a separate blog of just hair styles. You know, since you need more things to fill up your time =) you are always so elaborate and perfect with those adorable hair styles. I'm always intrigued! I can't wait until Adelaide has more hair. I'm going to look back through all of your pictures for ideas!! I was really sad when I read that you are going to cut 7-8 inches off her hair! Its sooo beautiful!

I can't believe how long your kids were awake partying in the living room and eating all that food in the middle of the night! That is hilarious!

Shalamar said...

Wow, big update! I'm glad to see all the fun pictures and hear about all the fun stuff going on. You HAVE to show me how you did mayliah's hair in the shape of a heart! That's awesome. And good job for losing weight! I'm jealous, I've hit 20 lbs and I'm trying to gain slower because I have 2.5 months left. My goal is around 30 but we'll see. We miss you guys. Janine is so lucky she gets to go out and see you guys soon! I bet Mayliah is so excited. The kids will have a blast! Well i love you and can't wait to see you in April. Take care.